Shipwrecked! Coming Soon...

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
shipwrecked9zc.png

Battleships style map. 'nuff said

If anyone has ideas feel free to suggest em, since I still need to do a bunch more items

Ideas Needed:
Abilities (For the ships)
Weapons (can involve abilities, like casts forked lightning every 7 seconds, etc)
Items (need these badly. Items like summon mercenary crew for 20 seconds w/ 2 charges, or a non-consumable item that increases attack speed by 20%, etc)

Don't expect any more screenshots though, cause i'm really lazy

Sargon

Reaction score
The name is already taken.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Sargon said:
The name is already taken.

You download my new map, DotA :p Its a tottaly new idea :D

But ya ive seen a map with that name, you should make a new one, to not get confused with the old one ;)

Reaction score
Off Topic: y does everybody 'Nuff said? its so annoying jeez and theres no reason to say that...ok sorry continue...o and yes i have heard of that name before

Demonfaze

Reaction score
shit lol...

anyone have a good map name? i haven't even heard of the other shipwrecked

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Stranded?
Lost?
Lost and confused?
The Landing?
The Lost Island?
Master and commander of the lol.. nvm xD

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
What about "Navis Pugnatus"? or "Row Row Row your Cannon"? or "Death at Sea"?

/\grade the terrain. It doesn't need much work, but a few more tiny passages and odd terrain formations, like little bits of random rock sticking up and tiny coves, would make it a lot better.

I would say it needs summon kinda of things, locust things where a bunch of little ships come out and go on attack moves to the point where the ability was casted, just add them to variables as they're created otherwise you can't reference them (local unit arrays would be best).

Can't think of any items, sorry I'll add some later if I think of any good ones.

Demonfaze

Reaction score
UnknowVector said:
What about "Navis Pugnatus"? or "Row Row Row your Cannon"? or "Death at Sea"?

/\grade the terrain. It doesn't need much work, but a few more tiny passages and odd terrain formations, like little bits of random rock sticking up and tiny coves, would make it a lot better.

I would say it needs summon kinda of things, locust things where a bunch of little ships come out and go on attack moves to the point where the ability was casted, just add them to variables as they're created otherwise you can't reference them (local unit arrays would be best).

Can't think of any items, sorry I'll add some later if I think of any good ones.

thanks.
as for the terrain though, I will improve it later once I get it playable (that's my main objective now)

WastedSavior thanks for the names, pretty good, but not what i'm looking for

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Row Row Row your Cannon? ROFL

I was trying to come up with a name that incorporates your icy terrain. Well....

Battle on Icey Shores

I can't think of anything catchy though. Dang names are all taken :(

-------

Well you want items and ability ideas? I guess I can give you some that wouldn't work on my Battleships in Space (to put what it basically is) project.

First of all, maybe you can have a cool REAL battleship setup where your ships need to be facing broadside to the enemy to fire at them (facing angle of enemy = facing angle of ship plus or minus 90). With this you could make some cool items and abilities for various purposes.

Items----

Rotating Cannon --- Medium power cannon that fires four times very fast, and then spends time cooling down before firing another four times.

Dragon's Mouth --- Since the land is kind of icy, maybe you'd want randomly occurring icebergs that if your ship hits it takes some special damage (like 1/5 of its current hp). Dragon's Mouth will be able to attack nearby ships with flames, setting them on fire to lose health over time, but it will also be able to double as an iceberg melter (kind of unrealistic, but hey, it'd be cool :D)

Steel Reinforced Hull --- Makes the ship take no damage from ice floe and less damage from most guns, but it makes the ship move slower.

Shipsinker --- This gigantic high power cannon lobs incredibly heavy cannonballs into ships from ANY angle. 20% chance the ship gets a hole and loses health over time. Slow speed, of course.

Powder Monkeys --- These guys, while aboard your ship, speed up the cooldown of all weapons and abilities. Obviously, they're very valuable. Also, 5% chance they die whenever your ship gets attacked :D

Abilities----

Broadside --- Fires all of your weapons at once at a single target enemy for an amazing firepower flurry. Of course, the realism kicks in and you can't fire any of your guns until they cool down.

Cargo Dump --- Dumps out cargo (hp) to lightly increase your speed. Good for quick getaways.

Bombard --- Fires all of your weapons (will make your ship turn broadside) on a land-dwelling building as opposed to a ship. Does little damage at first, but if you leave your ship there, it will keep bombarding. Over time, the tower takes more and more damage from each Bombard until it reaches a max steady way of losing hp. Of course, to stop a ship from Bombarding a building, an enemy ship will need to attack the bombarding ship to stop it from its attack.

Board Ship --- When your afraid your guns aren't doing very much to a ship, you can board the ship and depending on the boarding strength of your ship (different for each ship), you can do damage or even sink (if your boarding strength is far better than the boarded ships' boarding strength) the opposing ship.

Abandon Ship --- When your ship is swiftly running out of health you can abandon ship into several rowboats. If even one of your rowboats gets back to base, you lose a fourth of your gold as opposed to losing half of it on getting a new ship.

Yoshii

Reaction score
nice screen does look nice as for map name
-The last landing
-Icyshore or something that say your tileset and mapstyle(boat)

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Great ideas Rinpun! make that I owe you 2 rep since I got one of em in :cool:

unfortunately, i simply don't know how to do most of them :eek: . I will add the steel enforced hull and board ship though :D

P.S.
happy birthday! now I owe you 3 rep lol...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
If you want to do the Dragon's Mouth, all you need to do is add an autofiring item and then whenever the ship is about to collide with an ice floe (within 100 distance of an ice floe...you'd need a trigger), if the ship has Dragon's Mouth item, destroy the ice floe, else, hurt the ship and destroy the ice floe.

Yea, sadly, I'm pretty sure Powder Monkeys might not be possible to make, no matter how cool they'd be.

As for the Rotating Turret, I'd have to think about it, but I'm sure you could have two Rotating Turret items...both with the same name but one with (longer cooldown) attached via editor suffix (so you can tell between the two). Then, whenever the Rotating Turret ability is "used" (and thus the enemy takes damage), count up the custom value of the ship from 0 to 3. When it hits 3 (because switching the item will make the switched item attack automatically), switch the Rotating Turret with the Rotating Turret (longer cooldown). It should attack again and then go on a really long cooldown, with a trigger that waits the length of the real cooldown and then switches the items around again to the constant rotating turret.

Attach a health degeneration "ability" to the ship to do Cargo Dump. Then, have a dummy unit cast Bloodlust (graphic and sound changed of course) on the ship.

W

what666said

The monkey is perfectly possible, but it would have to be built-in to the cooldowns as I don't think you can edit an item's ability's cooldowns once the game is running...

Great idea though and I like your map, though admittedly it could use a bit of tweaking visually...

The only thing I can say to you is this: try to make the game a maximum of 6v6... I know how it can be done easily but it would take a rather large effort to do it... I just can't stand maps that are limited to 5v5 where it ends up with two lanes having 2 people and the third lane having juts one, people always lose levels and get pissed. 6v6 would mean 2 per lane.

Demonfaze

Reaction score
if you don't want to share a lane you can just go trader. or you can go to sidepaths. i could go on making excuses, but the truth is, i don't know how to make a 6v6 with NPC units

and for the ice floe, i will probably add it in soon :D

Demonfaze

Reaction score
bump & currently need ideas for:

captain abilities
items (not weapons)
trade quest (only need 1 or 2!)

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Nice looking map...

Nice looking map, I especially like the winding paths, but shouldn't they connect the two bases together? That would definately make the stratgey element in the game much better, just a few minor tweaks and I'm sure It'll be fine. I like the ideas rinpun, especially the powder monkey one, and it's actually very plausable. You could use items that hasten your attack, and make triggers that automatically remove the cooldown for a specific spell after a specific time. I've got a couple of ideas of my own. You DEFINATELY cannot use shipwrecked; it is already used in a widespread and popular cintematic sequences which are actually very good. You could use a name like... "Brothers on Deck", or "Overboard", or even "Walking the Plank".

And for when ships board each other, I'd make a few arenas closed off by black mask and the like, and make enough of them for any possible numbers of players fighting at a time, and just set them to an integer that disallows the same stage from being used twice. You could first have a "crew" for each ship then teleport them to that arena to fight, then the crew that wins gets to fight the opposing teams captain, and if he finished them; then it would be a duel between both captains, so obviously this would support crew growth.

You could have random events like "Ghost Ships" (Or even quests) and the occassional rough storm, with rain (Using land deformations for the waves) and lightning. This would really bolster the strategic effect, because it would force players to rethink their ideas and the routes they take. You could make an item that corresponds to this, something like a "Map" that lets you navigate through the storm, thus making you take no damage and easily pass it. Also, a "Pirate Scope" (Or a monocular scope, whatever they call them lol) that allows you to see ghost ships, which is required for a quest or something of some sort. You would then do battle with a ghost army aboard your ship if you decided to board, and then if you defeated the ship you could plunder then scuttle it.

You could have captains and such have an effect on his ship, like captain "x" increases the speed of the ship he is using, but captain "y" takes no damage from storms (Or something to that effect). Good luck on your map, I can't wait to see how it comes along.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Lol, im going to ask a noob'ish question, but how did you get a screenshot like that? :D I would like to know ASAP Please :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.