Short Children's Fable

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Had to write this for my english class. I think its heartwarming and teaches great lessions xD

The Squirrel and the Rabbit
One day in the late summer in the Half-Acre Woods, Ravi Rabbit passed by one of his fellow woodland neighbors, Squirrelly Sam. Ravi Rabbit had been working all day building a home that he could use for the upcoming winter. Now he was returning to a nice, soft flowerbed to relax and soon fall asleep. Squirrelly Sam, however, was not taking part in these summer works. He was relaxing on his hammock as usual.
“Why do you also ways do that?” asked Squirrelly Sam mockingly as Ravi walked by.
“What, work?” responded Ravi with a confused look on his face, “All I’ve seen you do all summer is lounge around. Winter is going to be here before you know it. You should probably build a shelter. I can even help you if you want!”
“No thanks,” replied Sam as he was already pulling a leaf over his eyes, ready to nap again, “I think I’ll sit this one out. Besides, I’ll have all fall to build one.” After saying this, Squirrelly Sam drifted off to sleep.
Several months passed, and Ravi Rabbit continued to slave over his work. Before he even knew it, his winter home was complete. Late that fall, as Ravi Rabbit was collecting food to stockpile for the winter, he passed by Squirrelly Sam.
“I saw your house Ravi,” said Sam as he approached the rabbit, “It looks ok, but it seems kind of small. After all of that work, you are still slaving away all of your time!” “My house is small, but it will keep me comfortable,” said Ravi Rabbit, “It’s got a 5” HDTV, pool, memory foam grass bedding, and carrot juice drinking fountains. I put in hard work for that. However, I see you don’t have a winter home yet, but I can help you build something if you want.”
“No,” replied Sam, “I have a couple more weeks. I’ll sit this one out and enjoy myself.” Those weeks passed, and still Squirrelly Sam did nothing. Soon winter was upon Half-Acre Woods, and he needed something! He came to Ravi Rabbit’s door and knocked.
“Brrr. Please Ravi, let me in,” begged Sam. Ravi turned revealing a new “rabbit companion” in his home.
“Sorry Sam,” replied Ravi Rabbit, “I think I’ll sit this one out.” Truly, the squirrel that sits, freezes.

EDIT: spacings suddenly left when I copied over :) sry

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I'm not sure how we are to critique this, most of us here are too old for these types of stories. It is no better or worse than the moral fables we all heard as children. As such, it didn't interest me.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's not very long for an English paper.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's not very long for an English paper.

lol.

I remember that story. That's like the... grasshopper and something else... or I'm probably really wrong... or was it an ant? Well, that's like some other children's story. :)

Nice, it's really simple I guess. Nice lesson, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.