TD Short Solo TD

Funky_Luffe

Reaction score
:)Hi all,

I have been around for a little while now, and the time has finally come for me to release my first (official) map :)

It is a Solo Tower Defense map, with a small story to it.

The game can be played through in approx 6-7 minutes once you figure out the key places to build your towers and the right timing for upgrading them.

I would love comments on everything, from terrain to tooltips to you overall experience. Both positive and negative comments are allowed !

I played it through a lot of times now and I am now ready to hear what you all think.

Thank you in advance

Funky_Luffe

Edit:
-Removed the boulder tower
-slightly increased creeps hp
-slightly increased damage of lvl2 arrow tower
-tested to see if it was still winnable (and it was:))

Attachments

• Funky's Solo TD.w3x
    36.3 KB · Views: 262

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
This is pretty cool. A really short yet fun TD.

Some comments:
The Boulder Tower can be built practically anywhere. Please do something about its pathing requirement or whatever it is, even though buildings cannot build on the path.

Otherwise, it is rather nice a TD. Keep up the good work :)

Funky_Luffe

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply and positive feedback. I corrected the pathing on the boulder tower and uploaded the new version.

If any one else is tempted, please give me your input on the map.

Thank you

Funky_Luffe

Rushhour

Reaction score
Needed 2 tries to finish it :D
Well I like the terrain, the dirt at the top right doesn't really belong to the map so this doesn't matter.
To the "gameplay": in my opiion the boulder tower isn't useful since the arrow is so much stronger, would be nice if you need every tower somehow ;P

Just had a quick look at the triggers. For a small single player it's perfeclty fine, but when you want to add more units, towers, waves,.. you should improve some things. E.G. storing the wave units in an unit type array variable.

Greetz

Funky_Luffe

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. I decided to remove the boulder tower all together. For this short game, I believe one tower type is enough.

Regarding storing unit waves in arrays, I am new to all the triggering, maybe you know a good thread where I can read about that?

Did a few fixes and uploaded a new version, keep playing and commenting everybody.

Thanks

Funky_Luffe

KiwiClint

Reaction score
Helloo. I really like TDs but not online play, so I decided to try this...My only real concern was that it was too shooortttt! I know it's a shord TD, but man! Only like 6 waves? ;P

It took me about 4 tries to win it...It was a little hard, though not frustratingly so. It wasn't a bad little game, it was just too little! xD

I did have some fun though, and I look forward to see if you make another longer TD in the future ;P

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

Funky_Luffe

Reaction score
Thanks to you all for playing and commenting! :)

@Joccaren: Thanks, I will be sure to check it out!

Keep playing everyone, I think I will start a new project soon, and this time, one that can be played for 12-14 minutes ;)

Funky_Luffe

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.