Short Stories Contest #1

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the first place award should still be given. If not, then it looks like you've never won the contest. I think First place as long as there are six or more, second and third if there are ten or more.

Even though I agree, (and every contestant gets a lot of rep, so there's no point in a prize then) I think Rheias made it clear that we can not. :(

Shouldn't we let people have until the end of today?
Depends on your time zone.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I guess it does make sense.

If there is olny a few people then it could become really easy to just get the reward, like upwards of 25% chance.

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I really hate to say this, but count me out also.

My computer got pretty much fried in a power outage the other day and my story, which was 90% done is now gone along with a ton of other stuff. So ya...

I might still rewrite it and finish it and if there is a contest like this in the future ill submit it again. But I don't know.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
The only reason I don't like that Rheias is lets say (for example lol) that I win this contest. Other people have won awards for poetry contests, and in the future probably short story contests, but when they look back no one will realize or remember I won it and I don't think thats fair...

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
The only reason I don't like that Rheias is lets say (for example lol) that I win this contest. Other people have won awards for poetry contests, and in the future probably short story contests, but when they look back no one will realize or remember I won it and I don't think thats fair...

you got a custom title; put "Winner of the Short Story Contest" in it. :D

Halahan

Reaction score
How can they be broken, by noobs especially? The Helper staff gives out the awards.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Too many people crying over not getting an award, no awards given out, and members creating flame wars in the GD and other sub communities. Oh, the fun the staff will have. :'D
But that probably won't happen for a long while, so we can cool and mature about it for now. :cool:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
When did it become that rewards had to be material? What happened to the honor of knowing you did something better than a handful of other people?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Aww, I forgot about the contest >_<
But I wasn't "inspired" to write anything so that's why I didn't write/type anything :p

Good luck! And don't do it for the reward, do it for the pleasure of knowing you wrote a nice piece of literature.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah jeez, what do you want a cookie?

Medals don't really exist anyway.. But it is the same real factor as rep :D

Halahan

Reaction score
Seth, I'm not going to faint over and die if (again, for example, lets say I win)I don't get an award, but 3 less than how many needed? We might as well just give out a first place. Theres nothing really stopping you, so I don't really see a reason we can't. It just annoys me that there isn't really a big reason we shouldn't do it. If you really have to not give one out for some reason (legit or not) I'm fine with that though, just saying whats on my mind.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Seth, I'm not going to faint over and die if (again, for example, lets say I win)I don't get an award, but 3 less than how many needed? We might as well just give out a first place. Theres nothing really stopping you, so I don't really see a reason we can't. It just annoys me that there isn't really a big reason we shouldn't do it. If you really have to not give one out for some reason (legit or not) I'm fine with that though, just saying whats on my mind.

you wouldn't be speaking this if we never had the awards.

I think they incorperated them to honor the grand victories. "I beat 6 people!" not so grand. "I beat 10+ people!" That is fairly impressive.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
It's so we don't flood the awards, of course. Becomes less prestigous. Don't like it? Report a thread with your side of the discussion. Maybe someone will decide something else.

Keep in mind, this is only the first one. PC1 didn't have awards, either.

Halahan

Reaction score
"you wouldn't be speaking this if we never had the awards."
Good point.
"I think they incorperated them to honor the grand victories. "I beat 6 people!" not so grand. "I beat 10+ people!" That is fairly impressive."
lol another good point.
So to sum it up, two very good points :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.