Shotgun Ability

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I'm trying to make a shotgun ability which deals damage and stuns targets in a cone shape in front of the caster. The issue I'm having is about how to set up the ability. I wanted to use an Attack Actor because it means adding sound and visual effects is rather easy. But how do I go about giving the units a stun buff when I'm not using a Launch Missile effect?

The other method that I can think of of how to do this would be to use a search area effect which selects each unit in the cone and applies the stun buff and damage separately. However if I used this method, how would I go about attaching the visual shotgun blast effect given that it would need to tie into the casters attack animation?

Also I plan on making this a levelable ability so minimising on the number of objects I need to duplicate is ideal. So if you have an answer to either problem above or can think of a better way of doing it that would be good. Thanks.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Action actors are not limited to missiles. You can use them with any effect you wish. There are events in the action actor that define what will trigger Launch (when you create the actor) and ActionImpact's visual/sounds. ActionDamage tells when shields will activate on the target. It might be for more, but that's what I've found so far.

I'd personally go with the search area idea you have and do the damage/stun per unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.