Should I continue my AOS?

mapguy

Reaction score
I have an AOS that is 40% ready for beta, but I dont know if people is stopping playing warcraft3 because of starcraft 2...

I would like 2 things:

1) answer: how much time are you going to still play WC3?
2) can you give me good item ideas? so I can just care about heroes.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
1) Until I am the very last RoC player standing or they put the servers down forever.

2) Here's a nice idea I got and that works for the map I'm working on (plus it's fun to trigger) :

Class Items.

On the shop, the only description you can get is that "This item is different for every hero" and "Only one class-specific item can be held at once". That pretty much describes it.

When that item is bought or acquired in anyway (it is a dummy item), it checks the class of the hero that bought it. Depending on the class, it gives them a different item, which is only available for that class. You follow?

That item can then have some "Engineering Upgrade"-like ability which alters the hero's abilities. (that is why only one of these may be held at once)

The advantage of this is that it makes it easier for new players to choose which items to buy.

However, this requires lots of balance, since it is easy to make a single one of these items way too weak or way too strong.

mapguy

Reaction score
your idea is good, but I would have to create tons of items just for this...sorry...

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yes.
though, extremely hypocritical for telling you to keep going, i vote you stick to it :thup: It seemed quite promising =o

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
in my opinion, people will always keep playing w3. even if Starcraft 3 came out.

so yeah finish it, gl

mapguy

Reaction score
thanks for the support, you gave me strength to try to finish it.
Ill stop playing WC3 just to finish my map fast.
I hope that in one week I have 9 heroes created and release beta for a 4v4 game.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
since sc2 disappoint lots of people, probably wc3 will live more then 1 year, so yes, you should continue

also for your second question, we got lots of threads with item ideas, just search

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
For your second question, why don't you recruit a member to help you with item ideas, rather than posting a thread every time you need an idea.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Along with what Glenphir said, I would recommend posting your project in the Projects section to recruit a team to help you finish it. You don't have to post every detail, just give a general overview of your project, and then ask for help in the areas that you need it, example:

Need help with:
Items
Spell Coding
Terraining

Those are just examples. There are lots of people who want to help out where they can, and when you give them an assignment for a specific project, instead of just asking for ideas in the World Editor Help forum, I think you'll get alot further.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.