should the government be involved in the marriage process at all?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the government needs children as well, for the future of society. They have to pay the taxes of tomorrow.
But children are expensive and they need to be educated first.
So the government is trying to make it more attractive to get and raise children instead of living alone and without children.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
This is a public forum and he has the right to tell his opinion on a public debate. It wasnt spam and it wasnt irreverent or unreadable, just a regular post. Dont start to be the bully of the internets.
Maybe it would work out better next time if you just say in the first post that you are not interested to hear the opinions of members called firecat or the opinion of jews or some other part of society.

Then ban me, because it's getting old. If we're not going to do anything about him being annoying as fuck, then screw it, at least I have something relevant to post about. Its no more irrelevant than FireCats replies half the time.
Half the forum hates him, they have made it known they don't like him many times, and have actually talked to me outside about this. But hey, he is a normal member so fuck it! Who cares if he annoys a bunch of other members and makes their stay unpleasant, hes one normal member and posts all the time! He can say whatever he wants and no one really cares, because "Oh, it's just FireCat". I'm done "being a bully" in your eyes, but this shit is stupid. Have fun getting BS replies to every single news topic posted, because I'm not wasting my time reading them only to his bogus replies, and then bogus replies about the reply (and no, it's not always me these days). You can be nice and "this is a public forum" all you want, and I agree, but he is not a beneficial member to keep around. He provides nothing positive besides on very rare occasional (Lets assume hes drunk or some shit and has a brain for once).

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Hmm I try my best not to annoy people at all. But I can't always change my thoughts because YOU want it. Its the same thing about you with your drugs.
So What's So Different?

And you can't say all my post are untrue "BS" whatever you think
Be happy i'm pretty calm right now But seriously, Not professional at all of you to make such post and you are a mod

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Why so much rage? What is your problem?
If you dont like him just ignore him. Its not like he is forcing you to read his posts.

I cant see why you make such a big deal out of it, calm down, i cant imagine somebody is really taking offense on the internet because he is reading posts which he cant make much sense out of.

Just dont be mean, there is no point in going into a flame war.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
is reading posts which he cant make much sense out of.
It does make sense. But It's not Just one thing you can add about this issue. there's serveral things.

Well, anyway, I Just wanted to say thanks!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
He read that one article about the girl in Morocco. It's been like this every since.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Why is that a discrimination? Everbody can make the marriage official towards the government if they like to. Are they holding you back?

it is discrimination vs those who don't want to marry or are single - yes, they are holding you back, since getting married generally involves the tedious process of finding a partner who agrees to it, but assuming that you have a partner already, you get into trouble if you ever want to divorce - those are expensive and the process is overly complicated - so while it may not be holding you back to get married, it's more like they lure you in and then you get stuck with something you didn't really want

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You dont need to have an expensive divorce. Thats up to you and your partner.
More over you can get a Prenuptial agreement to secure yourself if you really dont trust the person you love.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
You dont need to have an expensive divorce. Thats up to you and your partner.
More over you can get a Prenuptial agreement to secure yourself if you really dont trust the person you love.

divorce is a result of marriage, and why would people have expensive ones if they weren't necessary? - they are

prenuptial agreements only work up to a certain point, see

wikipedia said:
Historically, judges in the United States accepted the view that prenuptial agreements were corrupting what marriage was supposed to stand for, and often they would not recognize them. Currently they are recognized, although they may not always be enforced. Both parties should have lawyers represent them to ensure that the agreement is enforceable. In some cases, the parties retain a private judge to be present during the signing, to be sure that neither party has been coerced into the agreement. Some attorneys recommend videotaping the signing, although this is exceptional. Some states such as California require that the parties be represented by counsel if spousal support (alimony) is limited.

Prenuptial agreements are, at best, a partial solution to obviating some of the risks of marital property disputes in times of divorce. They protect minimal assets and are not the final word.

source

it's expensive if BOTH people need LAWYERS to go over it, since there is conflict - one party vs the other

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
They arent neccessary, the people want to have them expensive because they want to hurt each other. You dont need to do that, and you dont need to be divorced at all if you dont want to and your partner doesnt want either.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you don't need to be divorced at all if you don't want to and your partner doesn't want either.

except that because the government is providing a financial incentive for people to marry, people marry not out of love, but for money, which is a problem that the government creates

also, last I checked, the world population was growing at an unsustainable rate, no reason to encourage it to keep growing

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The population does not grow in central europe but in south east asia and africa.
Here in europe we have a very dangerous decline in population size.

And who marries out of financial benefit? Even if those people would exist who only think about the money then they would also think about the money they lose in a divorce and so they wouldnt get married.
And if they only think about the money when getting married and are not able to think about what a divorce could cost them (because they married a person they dont love in the first place) then they are dumb enough and deserved it.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
And who marries out of financial benefit?

everyone who gets married by the government, those who get married by the church do it for the reason of love

people often get in trouble and do stupid things in order to get money now without realizing the consequences later - look at credit card debt for example, 90% of that is caused by people not thinking about the future

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Then whats your problem. If they are already to stupid to plan in advance it really isnt the governments fault that they end poor and hurt. This will happen to them eventually anyways.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Then whats your problem. If they are already to stupid to plan in advance it really isnt the governments fault that they end poor and hurt. This will happen to them eventually anyways.

because businesses are made to take advantage of the people and turn out a profit, while the government is supposedly "by the people, for the people" - as in it shouldn't be doing the same stuff

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Have you EVER taken a government class?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The government does not make any profit out of a divorce or marriage. As you already said, if you get married you get less taxes.
Its not like they want you to marry in order to take your money. They want to support old fashioned family ideals with a father a mother and children. They want them because they make "good" citizens.
Its not the governments fault that you go for the money and lose it because you dont know how to live together with a partner in peace.
I am not taling about "you" as you, but about any man or woman who sees himself/herself in this situation.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    that sucks i bet they are expensive
  • Varine Varine:
    Not really
  • Varine Varine:
    The entire hot end is like 20 dollars, I just can't get anymore until next week
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.