Should we Eliminate Nuclear Weapons?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No. Nuclear weapons can have uses beyond war, especially in space exploration which is a rapidly expanding sector.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
No. Nuclear weapons can have uses beyond war, especially in space exploration which is a rapidly expanding sector.
But safety and security of nuclear weapons and materials is an issue of concern. Just imagine, A rocket, with Nuclear weapons" would fall back to earth. Or, failed during the launch causing it to explode. etc... eh?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
But safety and security of nuclear weapons and materials is an issue of concern. Just imagine, A rocket, with Nuclear weapons" would fall back to earth. Or, failed during the launch causing it to explode. etc... eh?

nuclear weapons don't detonate unless they are armed & triggered - it's not like a grenade/bomb that will explode if you heat it up or hit it hard enough..

FireCat

Reaction score
nuclear weapons don't detonate unless they are armed & triggered - it's not like a grenade/bomb that will explode if you heat it up or hit it hard enough..
But you know that "a meteor blast" had force of 300-kiloton nuclear warhead . So, Just imagine if that was "a nuclear weapon" for real! I mean, don't you think it will explode?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
But you know that "a meteor blast" had force of 300-kiloton nuclear warhead . So, Just imagine if that was "a nuclear weapon" for real! I mean, don't you think it will explode?
You could fire your nuclear warhead towards an approaching meteor, causing it to detonate in the upper atmosphere and greatly reducing the danger posed to people on the ground.

FireCat

Reaction score
You could fire your nuclear warhead towards an approaching meteor, causing it to detonate in the upper atmosphere and greatly reducing the danger posed to people on the ground.
But they can still miss the target! Seriously, there's so many things that can go wrong.

FireCat

Reaction score
Well, there. Problem solved, and we get to keep our nuclear warhead for the next accurate meteor that comes along. Or aliens. Whichever comes first.
LOL No, It Isn't !
Someone could Just fire a nuker! And claim it was an "alien spaceship" near earth?!

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score

2013-04-27_1636.png

Varine

Reaction score
LOL No, It Isn't !
Someone could Just fire a nuker! And claim it was an "alien spaceship" near earth?!

That is the worst, most illogical, poorly formulated, and idiotic response I have ever heard against the proliferation of nuclear technologies.

FireCat

Reaction score
NO It's not. There's enough crazy people out there that would attack on the right or the left.
And theirs excuse would be crazy enough.

Varine

Reaction score
Yes, because crazy people always have quick and easy access to intercontinental missiles equipped with nuclear warheads. And I hear Rent a Center has missile silos. Just dig a hole and drop it in.

FireCat

Reaction score
Yes, because crazy people always have quick and easy access to intercontinental missiles equipped with nuclear warheads. And I hear Rent a Center has missile silos. Just dig a hole and drop it in.
So, you say, crazy governments of the world. Doesn't have access?
Well, If the people in charge are crazy enough to actually launch ...

Varine

Reaction score
We send in Obama Squad our military to have them taken out and replaced long before that's an issue.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.