Should women be drafted into the military?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It doesn't take great physical strength to pull a trigger, and if you mean stamina, then a lighter body with less muscle to drag around is a much better choice.

No, but I would like to see someone that's not that strong run around in a desert for twelve hours a day with seventy pounds on their back in longsleeves and body armor.

Easiest isn't neccesarily the best.

Nope. But it's easy.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
equality, unfairness.

i would like to see a feminist, go out to iraq, to a camp full of soldiers, and find a wounded soldier in the heat dying, and tell him she are being treated unfairly.

I would really and trully like to see that.

I think if your forced to go to war, your the victim, and if your not, and you complain that you want to be treated equalliy, and that your treated unfairly, then you go do what they are forced to do out of your own free will. and see how unfair you have been treated.

i am not saying anything against females, i love the ladies, but i am saying that if your in a hostage situation, and your rescued by 7 guys, and not a single girl in view, you aether should thank them, or shut it, saying theyr treating you unfairly is the most ignorant thing you could probably do.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
equality, unfairness.

i would like to see a feminist, go out to iraq, to a camp full of soldiers, and find a wounded soldier in the heat dying, and tell him she are being treated unfairly.

I would really and trully like to see that.

I think if your forced to go to war, your the victim, and if your not, and you complain that you want to be treated equalliy, and that your treated unfairly, then you go do what they are forced to do out of your own free will. and see how unfair you have been treated.

i am not saying anything against females, i love the ladies, but i am saying that if your in a hostage situation, and your rescued by 7 guys, and not a single girl in view, you aether should thank them, or shut it, saying theyr treating you unfairly is the most ignorant thing you could probably do.

There is no draft. Everyone who dies in Iraq volunteered to do so. Feminists do not want a draft in the same way that any logical person does not want a draft. Males and females volunteer and fight in wars everyday for America, while you're sitting there trying to make a point about the feminist movement, which you know nothing about.

Neither of your situations make any sense in a country where there is no draft. It is just as possible that the soldier described could be a woman who volunteered.

Faust

Reaction score
Also, feminists are only a small group of women.
They fought for the right to vote (for example), yet the very most of the women don't give a damn about voting.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
i did not say that woman do not voulinteer, and i know the draft is out.
im no fool, lol.

no, my words where that, if there is to be a despute over the draft over woman not being drafted that is my feelings. take vietnam as a better example.

hardly any woman where stupid enough to complain that they wheren't forcefully sent, if any, but if there is ever a feminist to make that complaint, that is my view.

Seb!

Reaction score
Also, feminists are only a small group of women.
They fought for the right to vote (for example), yet the very most of the women don't give a damn about voting.

What do you mean? "Voting" is one of the central issues that everyone (including women..) care about deeply. And I bet that most educated women would consider themselves feminists.

Faust

Reaction score
The most educated ones are not the wisest ones.
The most intelligent women I know, accept that they are different their mane, and both sexes have their own place in society. They don't want to do colossal work and earn lots of money, but working they always prefer.
Then want children when the time is right, they want to cook and do the laundry, etc. They are still educated and have nice jobs.
And even amongst them, well, actually most of them, don't give a crap about voting.
And even if women vote, they always vote the "worse" ( - let's not get to politics shall we).

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
And I bet that most educated women would consider themselves feminists.

That's a big stereotype, which is inappropriate to use in a serious debate. It's like calling Romeo an emo in an informative essay.

Hehe, sorry Genkora.

Feminists are extremists. They crave feminine rule due to their disability to communicate with men.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
And even amongst them, well, actually most of them, don't give a crap about voting.
And even if women vote, they always vote the "worse" ( - let's not get to politics shall we).

i don't know where you live, but where i live voting is verry important, to both sexes. they care just as much about voting down here as i do and any other person, thats a EXTREAMLY big deal man.....
the united states went from less then half the country voting, to more then two times the country voting....

but i will say most of the girls i know don't think twice aboiut what others had to go threw to get them their rights.

Seb!

Reaction score
Feminists are extremists. They crave feminine rule due to their disability to communicate with men.

Feminism is an intellectual, philosophical and political discourse aimed at equal rights and legal protection for women.

Feminism is an rights movement, whose educated opponents have long since died off. It's comparable, if not equal to the civil rights movement. They don't seek "rule", they seek equality and fair treatment. Do civil rights leaders want black rule due to their disability to communicate with white people? I'm sorry that post was just ignorant.

Feminism is extremism only if you consider equal rights for women, such as the right to vote, extremist.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
A good question that you might have to ask yourself is on people fit for military service. Many people (male and female) can't perform at the physical level of the military. This problem would need to be fixed for a draft to be run smoothly.

I think a main reason why women might not be drafted is family roles. Women of military age are also of the age to be mothers of small children. The 'take care of the kids role will probably never fully go away.

With this in mind also, you would have to make sure kids wouldn't lose both parents. Imagine having both your mother and father drafted. Sucks to suck right?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Feminism is an intellectual, philosophical and political discourse aimed at equal rights and legal protection for women.

That's not bias at all.

Feminism is the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.

The bad thing about feminism is that there are women who are extremist such as men who are sexist. To really fix the social issue that our generation is still dealing with is to educate people that your sex isn't a team jersey. Your gender allows you to copulate. This gift of the great god of chance or Jesus Christ or whoever you believe in allows us to create more people (not kill them because they're an inconvenience).

I also think men and women should form an organization that will have a strong social status. This group would push new laws and guidelines that both men and women can agree on, but as far as I can tell, these "intelligent" people can't seem to make an agreement. To me, honestly, no one seems very smart. Neither of the sexes have a clue what they're bickering about... We also need this for all the races of the world. Something effective. Start working on it, Seb. Just don't act as arrogant as you usually do when you do.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
There is no draft. Everyone who dies in Iraq volunteered to do so. Feminists do not want a draft in the same way that any logical person does not want a draft. Males and females volunteer and fight in wars everyday for America, while you're sitting there trying to make a point about the feminist movement, which you know nothing about.

Women can't get a lot of MOS's in the military and aren't required to sign up for Selective Services, which regardless of whether or not there is a draft men are required to be registered at 18.

Faust

Reaction score
I will probably offend some people now, but I strongly believe that the women who think they deserve the exact same rights as men, should be slapped with a shovel.

If anything, there should be separate rights for women and men.
Feminist must be some kind of freaks to not have bosoms, womb, vagina, whatever, to think that they are equal. If you can't comprehend that ones has a pair of boobs, the other one has a dick, you won't understand the other scientific proofs behind the evidences either, and should be shot.

Feminism is ignorance.
Sexism is the exaggeration of the obvious.

Seb!

Reaction score
I will probably offend some people now, but I strongly believe that the women who think they deserve the exact same rights as men, should be slapped with a shovel.

If anything, there should be separate rights for women and men.
Feminist must be some kind of freaks to not have bosoms, womb, vagina, whatever, to think that they are equal. If you can't comprehend that ones has a pair of boobs, the other one has a dick, you won't understand the other scientific proofs behind the evidences either, and should be shot.

Feminism is ignorance.
Sexism is the exaggeration of the obvious.

That's like medieval, man. Women are just as good as men and deserve the same rights. It's the 21th century..

Ninva said:
The bad thing about feminism is that there are women who are extremist such as men who are sexist. To really fix the social issue that our generation is still dealing with is to educate people that your sex isn't a team jersey. Your gender allows you to copulate. This gift of the great god of chance or Jesus Christ or whoever you believe in allows us to create more people (not kill them because they're an inconvenience).

There are extremists in anything.. You have to judge a movement by its actual tenets.. In this case: women deserve the same rights as men. Should we say that men are an ignorant, intellectually inferior gender because of Faust's last post? No. That would be a terrible way to group together a certain type of people.

Ninva said:
I also think men and women should form an organization that will have a strong social status. This group would push new laws and guidelines that both men and women can agree on, but as far as I can tell, these "intelligent" people can't seem to make an agreement. To me, honestly, no one seems very smart. Neither of the sexes have a clue what they're bickering about... We also need this for all the races of the world. Something effective. Start working on it, Seb. Just don't act as arrogant as you usually do when you do.

I don't really get what you're saying here. The American debate ended like fifty years ago: women are equal to men. (Almost) all laws reflect this. No need for "an organization that will have strong social status".. whatever that means. But I'll get working on it just in case. And I will try not to act as arrogant as I usually do when I do.

Faust

Reaction score
I didn't say they were less, or they were more.
I say they are different from us.
And that in unquestionable.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I don't really get what you're saying here. The American debate ended like fifty years ago: women are equal to men. (Almost) all laws reflect this. No need for "an organization that will have strong social status".. whatever that means. But I'll get working on it just in case. And I will try not to act as arrogant as I usually do when I do.

Women still do not stand as equals in our society. They merely stand as equals legally. You would understand this statement if you left your world of wikipedia for a moment.

Also, I have no clue what time frame you're speaking 'bout. At first I thought we were discussing the past, then present; so I looked towards the future. You retorted. This is a needless conversation, friend.

Seb!

Reaction score
Women still do not stand as equals in our society. They merely stand as equals legally. You would understand this statement if you left your world of wikipedia for a moment.

Agreed.. But why were you bashing feminists?

This is a needless conversation, friend.

Agreed.

Faust said:
I didn't say they were less, or they were more.
I say they are different from us.
And that in unquestionable.

You also said such things as: "Feminism is ignorance.
Sexism is the exaggeration of the obvious" and "I strongly believe that the women who think they deserve the exact same rights as men, should be slapped with a shovel." Maybe I misunderstood you..

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Agreed.. But why were you bashing feminists?

Because I disagree with the feminist movement, which is still going on (yet not as aggressive as it was in the 50's). There should be a neutral zone where men and women can stand not as male or female, but instead they may stand as person and person. Thus many social problems may be solved more quickly and successfully.

Seb!

Reaction score
Because I disagree with the feminist movement, which is still going on (yet not as aggressive as it was in the 50's). There should be a neutral zone where men and women can stand not as male or female, but instead they may stand as person and person. Thus many social problems may be solved more quickly and successfully.

But in order for that to happen both men and women have to have the same rights. Which, thanks to the feminist movement, they now do.

I must ask though.. What do you disagree with the feminist movement about?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.