Show damage overhead of enemies

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is going to be tricky I imagine.

I would like to have whatever damage is done (normal attack, magic and whatnot) overhead of the enemy. I know I need a floating text variable of course at set it whenever the unit takes damage. Can it be done?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You would need your damage detection system to be able to detect damage types for this.

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
But after that... it's a piece of cake;)
Rather focus on implementing a good damage detection system.
It makes spells and such much easier to implement.

SupremeRuler

Reaction score
An easy way to do it if it's only for a few specific units is this:
Unit takes Damage

Floating Text - Convert real to string ( Damage Taken ).

You can also use the "a unit enters region" event in combination with the action "add the event to trigger "trig unit takes damage" but this will cause an event leak. Don't think it would be too bad though. Best used if you only have this for a few units still.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I use orb effects to differentiate attack damage from non-attack damage. You could try that method.

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't count as necromancy since it's only on the second page and is technically unanswered, but I'm confused as yo why he needs to separate damage types. From my interpretation of what's he's asking for, all he wants is damage to be displayed over enemies. He didn't actually specify that if it was a certain type of damage that it would do different things, he just listed things that would cause damage (normal attacks and spells). Couldn't he just use something like A unit takes damage - Display (damage taken) at (position of (unit taking damage))?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.