Show message to only one player not all

Kayoss666

Reaction score
i am making a multi rpg but i cant fiqure out how to show a pop up message to just one player it shows up to all players:confused:. i have tried multiple: all players matching condition and all players controll, but none of it works i would really be thankful for some help.

ex: RevivePoint1
Events
Unit - A unit enters RestartPoint <gen>
Conditions
And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
Start_Point_1[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] Equal to False
((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
Set Restart_point[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = ((Position of Market 0037 <gen>) offset by ((Random real number between 250.00 and 300.00), (Random real number between -20.00 and 20.00)))
Game - Display to (All players matching ((Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to (Triggering player))) the text: Respawn Point Set
Set Start_Point_1[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = True
Set Start_Point_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = False
Set Start_Point_3[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = False

TheLegend

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (Owner of (Entering unit)), at offset (0.00, 0.00) the text: blah

if you cant find it try
JASS:
call DisplayTextToPlayer( GetOwningPlayer(GetEnteringUnit()), 0, 0, &quot;blah&quot; )

and if you dont know how to use jass use this
Trigger:
  • Custom script: call DisplayTextToPlayer( GetOwningPlayer(GetEnteringUnit()), 0, 0, &quot;blah&quot; )

did i help

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Thank you very much. it works perfectly. i am still learning jass and that code actually helped with another problem i was having to so really really thank you.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
okay. jass question: How do you get (((String(Skinks_Killed[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))])) + /6) + Skinks killed.) to display in here:
Custom script: call DisplayTextToPlayer( GetOwningPlayer(GetEnteringUnit()), 0, 0, "HERE" )

TheLegend

Reaction score
JASS:
I2S(udg_Skinks_Killed[GetConvertedPlayerID(GetowningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))]) + &quot;/6 Skinks killed.&quot;

I2S() converts an integer to string
each variable defined in the normal editor has a udg_ suffix(User Defined Global)
Player Number = GetConvertedPlayerId() or GetPlayerId() //the difference is that the second starts from 0
Owner of unit = GetowningPlayer()
Triggering Unit = GetTriggerUnit() //this works for all event units
each normal string goes into "" and to connect strings you use +

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Once again thank you. i had figured out a way to do it but your way will save me from making a lot of string variables.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Wow. who would of thought a single capital D would cause so much trouble. thanks i will remember to look out for case sensitive parts for now on. Thanks.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Erm, this is actually really easy. It can be done in GUI. If its only one player, just check the option somewhere at the bottom that says Set Player to Player Group or something like that and set it to the Owner of the Entering unit. Or am I missing something?

Can't get the actual line, not at my editor at the moment. Sorry.

EDIT:

Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: Text

This?

Could be used in this case:
Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Entering unit)))) for 30.00 seconds the text: Text

Or am I missing something?

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Erm, this is actually really easy. It can be done in GUI. If its only one player, just check the option somewhere at the bottom that says Set Player to Player Group or something like that and set it to the Owner of the Entering unit. Or am I missing something?

Can't get the actual line, not at my editor at the moment. Sorry.

EDIT:

Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: Text

This?

Could be used in this case:
Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Entering unit)))) for 30.00 seconds the text: Text

Or am I missing something?

Yeah that would work for a single player map but in my first post i said multi rpg as in multi player. but this problem has been solved

Solved

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
No. This would work in MultiPlayer perfectly fine. I use this function often.

Setting the Player Group to the individual player is done because its a MULTIPLAYER map. If it was a SinglePlayer map, you could just use Show To All.

I don't see what is wrong with it.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
No. This would work in MultiPlayer perfectly fine. I use this function often.

Setting the Player Group to the individual player is done because its a MULTIPLAYER map. If it was a SinglePlayer map, you could just use Show To All.

I don't see what is wrong with it.

okay sorry read your post wrong but yes that would work so thank you. I will probably just leave it as it is though cuz i still have lots to do on my map but once again thanks for the help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.