Show multiboard to one player

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Basically, I want each player in my map to have their own multiboard that only they can see. I know this is possible as many maps have done this before, but I have not found a way to do this, even after looking through other threads asking the same question. Could someone please help me?
Thanks, Joccaren

Bankde

Reaction score
Showing Multiboard to Individual Players
Once you have created a multiboard, you can make it show to only selected players. This isn't a GUI option, but is it just a little bit of JASS code and you can use it to hide certain multiboards from other players or to have a series of multiboards that players can easily flip through - just as we did with leaderboards (method 2).

If you want to show the multiboard just to Red, you hide the multiboard from all players and then you need to use a little bit of JASS to create an if/then situation and check to see if Red is the local player and show the multiboard to them if they are.

In JASS, the player numbers start enumeration at 0 (Red is Player 0 instead of Player 1), so we could check for whether or not Red is the local player with this bit of code:

Code:
Multiboard - Hide (Last created multiboard)
Custom script: if ( GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) ) then
Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)
Custom script: endifIf you have a series of multiboards, you can set them to a variable array and then use the code above to show specific multiboards when players do things like hit the ESC key or use an ability.

Reference

Hope this help :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.