Shutter Island

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Taken from imdb.com

It's 1954, and up-and-coming U.S. marshal Teddy Daniels is assigned to investigate the disappearance of a patient from Boston's Shutter Island Ashecliffe Hospital. He's been pushing for an assignment on the island for personal reasons, but before long he wonders whether he hasn't been brought there as part of a twisted plot by hospital doctors whose radical treatments range from unethical to illegal to downright sinister. Teddy's shrewd investigating skills soon provide a promising lead, but the hospital refuses him access to records he suspects would break the case wide open. As a hurricane cuts off communication with the mainland, more dangerous criminals "escape" in the confusion, and the puzzling, improbable clues multiply, Teddy begins to doubt everything - his memory, his partner, even his own sanity.
Release Date: 19 February 2010

After I saw the preview of this, I wanted to see it. Looks like an interesting mystery/suspense kinda movie. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Leo's the front man.

It's bound to be huge.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think it looks terrible and probably will be because nearly every movie is nowadays.

If im wrong let me know so i can have something worthwile to check out.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Leo's the front man.

It's bound to be huge.

Ya...

I think it looks terrible and probably will be because nearly every movie is nowadays.

Well not all movies, :rolleyes: There are a few exceptional ones like... you know what.

Anyways, I think it'll be decent at its worst.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score

Not every movie is terrible, but indeed a lot of them are disappointing. I rarely put high hopes into movies now, the way I see it is, go in with low expectations and its harder to disappoint

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I finally saw it.
Met expectations I believe.

The Evolved Panda Commandant rates Shutter Island: [8/10]
The ending is... strange. But in a good way, the plot is nice compared to most movies today, and it really gets you thinking as you watch the movie. Definitely very weird, but it all adds to the mood. The thrills and scariness doesn't just come from like gore and action, but the suspense. Leo did a good job as his character, and the other doctors that were the 'scary' parts also went all out creepy. Great movie, should see it.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I saw it, loved it. Just my type of movie. I do understand why some people doesn't like it tho, it can be kind of hard to understand and it only fits a certain audiance, I guess.

Also, I never read the book but the people that did say that the book was better. (No big suprise)

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I saw this, and enjoyed it a lot. A great thriller, tense and one which didn't resort to gore to shock. A good performance from Leo but I think Ben Kingsley stole it. The twist at the end was a good one which I in all honesty only half saw coming.

Also, anyone who's seen the original Wicker Man may have noticed more than a few references to it, and the tone is not too dissimiliar.

A good, solid 4/5 from me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.