AoS SIEGE! - The New-Age AoS You've Been Waiting For

bugbear

Reaction score
DOWNLOAD
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/siege-2-38d-115140

BIO

"An AoS where heroes and items compliment the game play, not cover up for the lack of it."

Brought to you by Michael T.E. Gale (bugbear on U.S. East)

siegewarcraft.proboards.com

[email protected]

The perfect blend of AoS and RPG has been created by combining fan favorite elements from popular PvP scenarios such as AoS, Alterac Valley, and Arathi Basin.

The player's primary goal of SIEGE! is to capture spawn points (13 total) across the vast region of the two feuding kingdoms. These spawn points are captured and recaptured by killing the Boss at them. For example, in the southwestern swamp there is murloc and furbolg spawn points. If you defeat the Murloc King, you can hearth to his location (hearthing mentioned later), purchase from his shop, upgrade him with items found at his nearby shop, the Murloc Fish Boutique, grab a quest item for your golem summoning quest chain (explained later), and he will periodically spawn 2 murlocs into the nearby lane to bolster your kingdom's ranks. The spawn points also offer a periodic income to the heroes of it's owning kingdom.

There are 2 quest chains for each kingdom with similar quest objectives for each: the blacksmith and the goblin engineers. The 2 quest lines are shared by every hero of the kingdom, so teamwork is essential in making sure they are completed in a timely fashion. All quests in both chains are conveniently located, and require little out of the way travel to complete them. In fact, most just require you purchase a quest item from a specific spawn location, which are locations you will be assaulting without the quest. The blacksmith quest chain has 10 steps in it, each completion upgrading your kingdom's AI troops health, defense, and attack power. The goblin engineer quest line has 5 steps, and at the end summons 2 large siege golems to assault your opponents. There is also purchasable light siege golems available from the goblin engineer, with a few minute cooldown between purchases, after the larger golems have been summoned.

Hearth stones are distributed to each new hero, are upgradable, and are a vital tool to treading land quickly. The casting time on these stones is 10 seconds, and if you are attacked it will cancel the hearthing process. Fortunately, there is a small cooldown of only 30 seconds on the item, allowing easy access across the kingdoms from spawn point to spawn point.

Each hero is given a weapon which they can increase the power of (Tiers) by purchasing upgrades in numerical order. Advanced players can use the gems dropped throughout the map by the neutral hostile minor races to decrease the cost of their weapon tiering through Transmutations. There is also a plethora of additional items that upgrade similar to the weapon tiering (without the use of gems), with a much more simple "item tree" type of upgrade method rather than the item combining popular in modern AoS maps. An example of the "item tree" method: If I purchase a pair of Slippers of Agility, I can spend gold and medallions (medallions are gained from doing quests, killing, and selling high level gems) to upgrade these slipper into Murloc Jogging Shoes. I can then upgrade them using the same method into Swift Zebra Kicks, which not only have increased stats, but allow me to wind walk for a short period of time at a large increase in running speed.

There are 4 optional bosses scattered about the world of SIEGE!, each holding a rune of power. These runes are powerful tools used in transmuting Tier 6 weapons, have useful on use abilities, and are dropped when you are slain. The runes can only be used for 1 Tier 6 transmutation, as they are 'tapped' after before used for one.

You can find our forums at:

siegewarcraft.proboards.com

or visit us in our clan channel on U.S. East at:

CLAN OSC

PICTURES
Team 1 Town: http://siegewarcraft.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=northernkingdomtactics&action=display&thread=10

This map has been finalized.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Screenshots?
Mind uploading the map here or at the WET website? :)

bugbear

Reaction score
Pictures

Heres some Pics

Attachments

• bloodmage ult.JPG
    bloodmage ult.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 694
  • golem assault on lich2.JPG
    golem assault on lich2.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 571
  • golem assault on lich.JPG
    golem assault on lich.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 557

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Not eaven close to what I was looking for as a new age AoS map. I want my 5 mins that took me to read the text in the first post back :/

bugbear

Reaction score
Or you can thank yourself for reading it after you play it and realize how great it is =)

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ehh dosent realy sound original seems more like dota the way you said that its more item based wich draws me away just becuse its a aos and its item based

bugbear

Reaction score
There is, of course, items in the map. Items add a depth of character customization that allow the players to feel a personal attachment with their avatars while witnessing their hero's growth.

The difference with the items from DotA compared to SIEGE! is that the items upgrade in tiers (in SIEGE!) rather than item combinations (DotA). This allows for simpler gameplay and less hassle because you don't need to learn all the combinations and most OP items; you just keep purchasing the next tier for your weapon.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
still feels the same maby also has something to do of my curent hatred with aos that im trying to keep under control i will when i can take a look at it

bugbear

Reaction score
I think your faith in the AoS genre may be rekindled if you give it a try with an open mind.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Well you really have faith in the game so I believe whatever obstacles may occur you will see through this and update and continue on the map, so I'll give it a good hard try with full teams tomorrow with a couple of my friends ;) I can't speak for them but I'll keep my eyes open for buggs and other errors.

//==GooS

bugbear

Reaction score
You'll have to let me know which AoS's implement questing, spawn points, optional bosses, and weapon tiering. I keep being told the map is extremely unique.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
I just gave the map a quick look. Will give it more time when I get back from classes today.

Initial Impressions:

Its nice to a see a project around here that actually gets done, and even more so is polished. 99% of the projects started here are people with large goals that they never reach. You completed, and polished a very large project. Grats on that.

Heroes: The skills on a lot of heroes look are just remade versions of regular skills. Perhaps you could go back and redo some heroes so they don't have carbon copy skills of warstomp/mirror image/bloodlust ect.

Overwhelming at first. With the large amount of info and options available it might be hard for new players to figure out what to do. I did notice text messages explaining stuff but even so I was overwhelmed. Not necessarily a bad thin, merely shows how much depth there is. You might want to have messages explaining what the first thing a new player should do is.

I think what Windex is back is referring too is that you have a generic AoS template, and then a lot of glitter and colors tacked on. There are alot of AoSes that have spawn points, or quests, or bosses, but none aside from this that I can think of.

Might have some balance problems. Haven't had time to check but that seems likley when your using mostly stock skills. The hero w/ a mirror image/blinkstrike/warstomp and bloodlust skills seemed like on. But if other heroes push lanes or farm items as easily as he can kill heroes it would seem okay.

Nice terrain.

bugbear

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments and trying out the map, Legacyspy. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

The map does seem to overwhelm people the first game. I think this is because people are so use to the common Arena-type AoS scenario that they come into this map with a mindset that it will be the same. The transmutation system seems to throw people off a little, which is one reason there is a direct tiering vendor so people don't need to hassle with the gems if they don't want to (even though the transmute system basically works the same as DotAs item combination system).

Overall I feel the game play of SIEGE! maintains reasonable simplicity even though players are given a large world and many options to enjoy; it just takes players a match to get out of the notion that AoS games must be a head-to-head arena.

I do need to do a little more polishing on the balance; I'll take a look at the forgotten rogue you were talking about.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ok i tried it here i go ok at first i thought this was going to be a normal aos so i played then i realized its to chaoitic i didnt see any ai but the game play is good exept for all the chaos but if you keep this up this may take down dota oh plz i hope it dose so more actual good games can come in well anyways keep up the work

bugbear

Reaction score
Thanks for trying it out Rad.

I'm guessing you tried it in single player since you didn't see any AI units? This is because the first 3-5 minutes of the game are spent securing your initial spawn points.

bugbear

Reaction score
Well if you want to go on U.S. East sometime I can host it for you to give it a real play through. My name on there is Bugbear; send me a PM on these boards for a time (Easter standard plz) that you'd like me on.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Conclusion after a 1on1, it would a be a good game 5on5

-Protection Paladin, do they only spawn when there isn't a player in the player slot? If so, please remove them, they made the game booring.

-The map is to big, it's booring to move a unit, fun to use it.

-Not very replayable since there are very few items and items are set for each hero, quests are static and tedious.

-Skills are tedious and not very unique.

-The game itself is quite unique, but it's to much, but together an AoS, Frenzy, Hero Defense and you get a clusterfu*k, I would say remove an aspect or simplify them.

-I played as ranger and Volley was overpowered against my friend the dark ranger.

-Reduce drop-rate for Gems when less people are playing, if that already is the case then reduce them generaly.

-Add some fun abilities to them instead of regular Object Editor ones, or make them good in combination, not transmutation, but to use in combination.

-The king was way to easy to kill once the player was down.

-If you want to keep Protection Paladins make them more support, nerf their heal and damage.

-Dark Rangers dominate, was by my friends account flawed in some way, 'bugged'.

-Chieftain not Chieftan

-Optimize the map and get rid of, if any, preplaced units, create as much as possible when the game starts so one gets rid of the load time.

-Buying units is roughly worthless after five minutes of gametime

-Creeps are fodder, if they can lay a scratch on a hero after five minutes of gametime that player has been AFK

Most of above are 'downsides' of the map I think so lets add atleast some good ones.

-Once again it is a very unique map and with some patches I still think it can become a great game.

-In 1vs1 it was booring, in 5v5 ,which I haven't tested, I believe it can be a very intresting map.

-Tiering weapons is a good idea, but add more items.

-Killing bosses for spawn points is a very nice touch

Sorry for the very short upsides list but lets finish with, yeah it was an ok map and I'd be willing to test it out in later patches and with more players.

6/10 As is, with the fixes of the downsides I said I would give it a rough 8-9/10

//==GooS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.