AoS SIEGE! - The New-Age AoS You've Been Waiting For

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Maybe you could not use Lordaeron Summer Tileset. It is known as the most fail tileset ever.

Off topic: Hi waaks!, long time since I seen you here or at WC3C.

bugbear

Reaction score
I feel it worked out well for its purpose. My next AoS project (currently in the design phase for the next week) will definitely use a different tile set.

bugbear

Reaction score
This map is basically complete. There's some balance and small bugs and typos that could be hunted down and fixed, but I'll put those off until later.

I'm not a one idea wonder so I can't just stick with one small project my whole life when its already basically completed with people enjoying it profusely ;)

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
A map cannot be completed, there is always room for improvements. You should really improve on your terraining skills with some height variations.

bugbear

Reaction score
I believe in the forum rules it states 24 hours to bump. Not positive, but thought I saw that somewhere.

Also, its more reasonable to just move on to another project when one is enjoyable enough. Like you said its never complete, so its pointless to continue tweaking one project when there's no real need for the tweaks since it will never become perfect (unless you're a triple A project like DOTA).

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Hi there!

It's also better to improve your map until it becomes a real masterpiece. Remember, nothing is perfect.

My suggestion.. well... improve and tweak your map. Makers of the famous Wc3 maps advocated the same principle. You can make the people who enjoyed the map enjoy it in a whole different way. Btw this is the same mistake I made....quality over quantity.

It's also fine moving on to another project, but still..

Anyways the AoS is good:thup:.. has a lot of potential.

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

bugbear

Reaction score
From my own personal standards I feel it's in my best interest to learn from the mistakes and the time I spent on this project to make an even better one. A developers worst enemy is time, and I feel its better to practice getting it done right the first time rather than tweaking it over a year. For example: professional level designers don't take a year on one campaign map, or they would be fired.

Also, one good design piece that took 1-2 years to make does not look anything close to as good as multiple decent pieces over that same amount of time (to an employer at least).

Lamby

Reaction score
I would suggest working on this one more instead of another AoS, because that's the main problem with AoSes, there are too many and not enough time spent to make them great. Instead of learning from your mistakes for next time, I would just fix em this time. It makes people think you care about the project, and it shows you have commitment, which makes people come back and look forward to new version. And sorry if it seems like a rant, but those are just my thoughts.

bugbear

Reaction score
As I stated previously, it will receive some updates at a later time to clean up some of the last few areas that require addressing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.