sight radius

Rare_Yeoman

Cool Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to make a unit's sight radius decrease when they are in a certain region, and if so, how do i go about doing that?

thank you in advance

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
there is an item ability, the item is goblin nightvision, this ability can increase / decrease the sight range of units when added. just add this ability to the units which enter that particular region of yours, and remove that ability again when they leave.

Wratox1

Reaction score
hold shift when you click on the datafield in editor, and then type in "-your number"

example:

"-45"

Rare_Yeoman

Cool Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but the problem isn't that i cant type in a negative value, its that there isnt a field to type it in to, at least that i could find...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, but the problem isn't that i cant type in a negative value, its that there isnt a field to type it in to, at least that i could find...

for me that ability got a very obvious field called "Data - Sightrange Boni"

Rare_Yeoman

Cool Member
Reaction score
for the ability Ultravision (item), which is the ability goblin night scope has; i only see the following fields: Art, Sounds, Stats, Techtree, and Text. I don't see a data field.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Check the Upgrades tab, go to Night Elf, and you may find some toggleable numbers.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the Upgrades tab, go to Night Elf, and you may find some toggleable numbers.

upgrades do not help him because he wants to be able to give the sight range back at will.

@Rare_Yeoman: may it be that you pressed Ctrl + 4 by chance? this key combination will hide the "data" category in the editor.

eXirrah

Reaction score
The ability you need is called Item Sight Range Bonus and not Ultravision ...

Just set the Data - Sight Bonus (or something like this) to -X then add it
to the unit and the unit will have X less sight range. When you remove it
from the unit the unit's sight range will be restored.

At least this is what Glenphir does in Dark Lady spellpack.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.