Signal Frequency is out of range

W

wizkid

whenever i start battlefield 1942, a red box pops up saying "attention, signal frequency is out of range, please change signal timing" i can hear everything in the background.

W

wizkid

oh, and it only started doing this when i patched it, when it wasnt patched it worked fine.

M

mephist0

get it fixed yet?

it means your monitor doesnt support the size/bit depth of your screen resolution. or u had a driver change/ tweak that messed it up.

i had a problem with something like this, uninstall your gfx drivers, reboot, and then install the latest drivers... it should fix it.

i could only run my monitor in 1024x768, i usually run games in 800x600 cuz it runs fast as hell like that.. when i used a tweak it messed up my refresh rates, thought my pc was messed:p

so try uninstalling and reinstalling your gfx card drivers

W

wizkid

thanks ill give this a try, ill give the results in a bit.

W

wizkid

ok, i tried this and it didnt do anything, it still does the same thing. i also reinstalled battlefield :banghead:

W

wizkid

i have a feeling that when i patch it, it changes my refresh rates, so im going to try reinstalling it and making a backup of my orig. settings file and overwrite the new one.

W

wizkid

overwriting my settings folder did the trick, it was unexpected but it worked hehe. been trying to fix that problem for about 8 months now :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.