Signature Tournament 2 - Round 1 Voting

Choose the best for each battle!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Round 1 Voting:
Please vote for the best sig between the two fighting user.

We can see who voted. Don't vote on your battle!

People Disqualified: (So I make Genkora Vs Pineapple)
Ninva
Romek

User's Signatures:
============================================================
1º Battle:

Gollumcha
gollumcha.jpg

Bananaman
bananaman.jpg

2º Battle:

Jimpy
jimpy.jpg

Whitesock
whitesock.jpg

3º Battle:

undeadorcjerk
undeadorcjerk.jpg

NigerianRlz
nigerianrlz.png

4º Battle:

13lade619
13lade619.jpg

w/e
79239432.jpg

5º Battle:

Genkora
genkora.jpg

Pineapple
pineapple.jpg

6º Battle:

PurgeandFire
purgeandfire.jpg

UndeadDragon
undeaddragon.jpg

7º Battle:

Rhymer
rhymer.jpg

Smith_S9
smiths9.jpg

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shouldn't the signatures be anonymous, to avoid people being biased?

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Oh, so his vote doesn't counts only in his battle or all of his votes? :| If all, nooooo, I lost a vote xD.

Anyway, how will you deal with the odd number of contestants after this round, Naminator? A random user will get to the next one?

As for votes, Gollumcha, Jimpy, NigerianRlz, 13lade619, Pineapple and PurgeandFire gmv.

Also, I don't feel that Rhymer stuck to the theme (I'm not saying this because he's against me), but meh, not my contest. That's why I didn't voted him. Otherwise, he would have gotten my vote :D.

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Oh, so his vote doesn't counts only in his battle or all of his votes? :| If all, nooooo, I lost a vote xD.

Anyway, how will you deal with the odd number of contestants after this round, Naminator? A random user will get to the next one?

As for votes, Gollumcha, Jimpy, NigerianRlz, 13lade619, Pineapple and PurgeandFire gmv.

Also, I don't feel that Rhymer stuck to the theme (I'm not saying this because he's against me), but meh, not my contest. That's why I didn't voted him. Otherwise, he would have gotten my vote, because I feel that his sig is better anyway :D.

His vote doesn't count on his battle. And about Rhymer I know, I told him, but I didn't want to disqualify him in the first round, cause 3 people will pass automatically, at least he send me the signature. But in the next theme stuck to the theme!

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Anyway, my favorite sig between all of these is Blade's. I really like its feel.

And I'm wondering what happened to Whitesock :(. Was expecting something epic. Guess the theme didn't really appeal to him or something.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I edited Gollumcha's vote out, and stickied the thread (as per whitesocks directions)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Awesome turn out, my chances look dull though. =P Good job everyone, here are my small little critiques to the sigs: (well, except for my battle)

1 - Cool border, but it is a bit monotonous. The comp is a little weird, the text almost has as much focal strength as the render. =D Nice job though.

2 - The effects are pretty cool, but the signature is a bit lq. Although, I guess I can't really blame you for that since a lot of the renders were low quality. The effects could use a bit more depth, and a little bit more color too. =) Good job otherwise.

For 1 vs. 2, I choose 2, since the effects appeal to me a bit more. :D

3 - Really nice focal strength, but it looks a bit too "far" from the background if you know what I mean. It could also use some depth with a couple of blurs here and there, and some more contrast, but overall it is pretty neat.

4 - It looks cool, I like the trail effects. However, I think it could use some more contrast and the text looks a little odd. Otherwise, it is pretty cool.

For 3 vs. 4, I think I go with 4. A tough choice though, they are both awesome.

5 - Really nice smudging, but it is a little dark. The background could use a bit more contrast to make it seem a bit less "filled"/chunky. Pretty sweet effects though.

6 - Damn, Nigerian. Just awesome. Very cool effects, nice comp, nice colors, and good text. It is a little overexposed in some areas, but awesomely done nonetheless. =)

For 5 vs. 6, I'm going to have to go with 6. It is done really well.

7 - Cool effects, although it is very sharp. I think you could've instead just blurred it a bit more gradually toward the face for emphasis, instead of sharpening the render too much. Cool light source though, and sweet effects. However, the text is a little difficult to read.

8 - Very awesome clipping masks. The color choice is also pretty damn awesome. Really nice job on the depth too. It could use a bit more visual effects rather than just the background, but it looks great nonetheless.

For 7 vs. 8, I think I'm going with 8. It has sweet colors and the masks were really creative. =D

9 - The effects are a little blurry and so is the render. It could use a bit more effects, maybe some C4D's. With a couple of more effects and some depth, it could turn out nice. The text was a nice choice, but a little distracting from the render. Otherwise, nice job.

10 - Awesome color variation. The focal strength is very good too. Cool brushes/vector incorporation.

For 9 vs. 10, I'll have to go with 10. It is nicely done.

13 - Nice focal strength and cool splatter brushes. But the face is a little sharper than normal. Good job otherwise.

14 - Nice clouds and nice light source. The depth is good too. The text is difficult to read though. Nice job overall.

For 13 vs. 14, it is tough. They are both really good, so it is definitely a tough choice, but I think I might go with Rhymer's.

Sorry if I was harsh in anyway, I didn't mean to be. :(

Rhymer

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey guys, if you think i strayed too far from the theme, vote for Smith_S9. Acually, you should probably vote for him anyway, that one is awesome :)

Honestly, I don't think I went too far from the theme. I chose to work with some of his aspects; Apollo being the god of music, light and truth, as well as some other things.

Other than the "modern" setting in my piece, I think mine and Pine's are pretty much alike. Well, besides his superior quality ;)

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Wait Wait people! Genkora and Pineapple, who both contrincants didn't send their signature, pass automatically! Cause I realiza, how stupid, when the poll ends there will be 7 players, and you can't do insant elimination!

So Genkora and Pineapple pass automatically.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Whoa, this is getting interesting. >=D This is one of the first sig tournaments where the polls are somewhat even for everyone. Hooray! :D

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
What? I win by default? Awesome?! Now I'll have a chance to make a not so shitty signature! (which I am happy about because Pineapple has more votes than anyone right now)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Looks like i loose. Again. :rolleyes:

Maybe i would've stood a chance if the theme was Starcraft or something else.

Bah i guess i should just be content with pwning you guys in SC2 when i get there. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.