Silence after finished spell and deal dmg..

Joeza8901

Reaction score
hi,i got some problem about this spell.its passive spell that causes any unit under the effect of this aura to become silenced after it finishes casting a spell and deal some magic damage on it. but i don't know how to detect the hero that has this ability to deal damage i used
-Event Unit begins casting ability
-Con -
-Event
-Set TempUnit = triggering unit
-If all conditions are true then do action
-Con unit has buff .... equal to true
and then.. i dont know how to detect hero who has this ability that i will make dummy silence and deal damage to it. :banghead:

keychup

Reaction score
When a triggering unit "Finishes casting an ability" and it has the buff of the aura, pick every unit within the size of the aura around your hero and if it is an enemy and the level of the ability of that specific aura for the unit is 1 or more, detect the level of the aura, and let it do damage to the triggering unit based on that level. Need more explanations?

keychup

Reaction score
You will need:
1 - Dummy
2 - Aura
3 - Drunken Haze with 'Area of Effect - 1' and 'Attacks Prevented - Spells'

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff AuraBuff) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set UnitGroup = (Units within 900.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Level of Aura for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing X damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Drunken Haze to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Drunken Haze (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup)

Joeza8901

Reaction score
doesn't work :banghead: maybe because how u pick the one who got the ability wrong :confused:
EDIT : can you make me a map ? because i dont understood about "matching" thingys. Thanks

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Adjusting the trigger made by keychup:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Level of YourAbility for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set UnitGroup = (Units within 900.00 of Temp_Point matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing X damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Soul Burn (Custom) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Soul Burn (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

udg_UnitGroup - Unit Group
udg_TempPoint - Location/Point

Personally I prefer Soul Burn for silencing.
It can be adjusted to reduce the enemy aswel as deal damage per second. Effective editable single target silence.
Just adjust the buff etc.

This method doesnt involve usage of a buff. I find due to the buff appear/dissapear rate it becomes slightly ugly. You can trigger a dummy buff if you want a buff.

oops edit:
Oh, my trigger is wrong then. I assumed you meant silence any unit that is within range every time you cast a spell.

SanKakU

Reaction score
oh, that is a cool idea...although i guess it's sortof been done already...silencer from dota's last word. i'im not sure the method they used here. but if you emulate it, make sure the silencing spell is soul burn(pretty sure it is) and make sure it does the damage you want it to do(normally last word doesn't deal damage)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.