RPG Silent Night Orpg

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Ban-Lord has now 3 days left to pm me back, or im continuing without him.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Im deciding to work on a new map untill ban-lord msgs me back. But I did make some progress
The current Loading Screen + Mini Map.
newload.jpg
If you think white would look better just tell me.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
i think you should have like a collage of things in the rpg scattered accross the Loading screen

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
I was going to add like a chat box. But the different the pixels are the bigger the picture gets and im trying to keep it small.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
hourNews: Ban-Lord has officially quit. He still isn't pming me back, and well im going to miss all the time he put into that very nice terrain. But im just going to continue Silent Night on my own. So I am going to continue this as soon as I get home, on Friday. Hurray! Silent Night Must go on!

Up coming features:
-Ability Saving
-15 New Items
-10 New Buyable Abilities!
-More area(Maybe.)
-New Pets(1-3.)
-10 New Pet items
-New Town(Maybe.)

That is all the update might take a while though. So be patient. Also abilities and items might not be balenced so if anyone is willing to test them for balence issues please do so.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
News:
After Countless hours, I have implemented Ability Saving! Because of this feat, a new v might be out sooner! I still have alot to add, as I have only added one item, and nothing else. But we should be expecting an update by this weekend.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
But he wouldn't understand the code so well and he wouldn't learn as much. That's my guess.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
ButcherBunny
I did use AceHarts save/load. It just doesn't have something that saves everything. Even the All doesn't have abilities for some reason. But I added hero stats, exp(not level.), and I also modified the loading of abilities so it can load trigger given abilities.

D.V.D
Im still learning Jass you think I could make a save/load system? I wish I could make a save/load system, yet sadly I cannot. Although I have highly modified AceHart's save/load to fit my needs(not the scripting the Gui parts.) Not that it is hard, but I do understand it, I just couldn't make one.

I haven't made much progress this morning, but I have implemented a few new things. There is now a scroll merchent, only 1 buyable spell so far. And a magical vendor, with 2 brand new magical swords. I have also made a new pet the Easter Rabbit, which you can buy on April 12th. It has very low damage but high attack speed and a nice heal spell. But im very busy on the next update I assure you. I may not meet the features, by the deadline but I will have an update by tomorrow.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
News:
Sorry I couldn't get it out yesterday. However I'm proud to present Silent Night Orpg Alpha 3! Here are some of the new features:
-New Items
-Ability Saving
-2 New Abilities(Sorry not the 10 like I said..)
-More Monsters
-More Money
-New Quest System

There you have it! Alpha 3. I will start working on alpha 4, after I get some feedback. To download it check the first post. Also its going live! Im posting on the major map sites: Epic War, Nibbits, The Hive!

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Come On People! Alpha 3 has been out for a while! Need comments and feedback!!

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
All I can say is that to get screenshot of your latest map verison, the screenshots right now is really very unappeasing to the eyes as it lacks alot of things.

Word Features said:
Save/Load
-Good Terrain
-All items visual
-Date System
-1 Holiday Special
-Random Weather System
-Level Requirments for better items
-Highly modded UI
-Attribute System
-Weapon System
-Nice Tool-Tips and Color Codes
-Pet System
-Pet Only Items (And Pet Item Saving.)
-Pets Save to Your Character

Actually, you do know alot projects put a huge list of stuff on the feature system and not all work or some just got thrown off.

The good terrain was not really needed as it needs improving atm.

Good tooltips, maybe you could give us a format or a template so we would at least have a idea of how it looks like. Same for the item template.

What does the Pet System do?

Weapon System? What?

What will the UI theme be about?

Random weather system? What weathers? Do they affect gameplay or is it for eyecandy?

1 Holiday special???? What's that? No clue.

What do you mean by item visual???

The storyline could have some improvements too, it's just too short to be considered a story.

I think that's all I have to say, fix that all up and I think people would give comments or play your map.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
All I can say is that to get screenshot of your latest map verison, the screenshots right now is really very unappeasing to the eyes as it lacks alot of things.
Ok i can do that tommorrow.

The good terrain was not really needed as it needs improving atm.
Ok well im not too good at terrain, but I will remove it.

Good tooltips, maybe you could give us a format or a template so we would at least have a idea of how it looks like. Same for the item template.
Im not sure the point in an item template would be for... "Oh yeah all my items have this format: Blah, blah, blah. That seems a little pointless to me, but I will remove it anyways.

What does the Pet System do?
The pet part is pretty describes it pretty well but I will improve it.

Weapon System? What?
Well I do see your point on this one, I will describe it more.

What will the UI theme be about?
That wasn't the point I had meant, the text was colored, ect.

Random weather system? Whats weathers? Do they affect gameplay or is it for eyecandy?
Im pretty sure people know what weather is, and what random is. And its just for eye candy, although I might make it affect gameplay, later.

1 Holiday special???? What's that? No clue.
Okay I can understand this one, I will describe that in more detail.

What do you mean by item visual???
It means they show up on your character.

The storyline could have some improvements too, it's just too short to be considered a story.
It's not a realy storyline, its an Orpg, its just a little thing I put together, every update, it doesn't mean anything.

But I am going to fix those, but if you were to test it you would see those things. But I appreciate the comment, I needed feedback. But I also need feedback on the game.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Currently A dungeon has been added with unique drops, and 3 classes have been added! Warrior, Archer, And Mage. Mage might be a little unbalenced though. If it is I will fix it. Archer is going to have special weapons, Bows, but will not be able to use swords or shields, while mage cannot either they use staves. There is only 3 classes for now, but there will be 6 classes later. 2 for strength, 2 for Agility, 2 for Intell.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Update!!
What a big update this is. Added Classes!! Added items for them of corse, added spells for them also. With that comes 2 new dungeons, and 1 hidden dungeon (Gotta be really badass to finish it though.) New areas, new monsters, and new quests WITH a new quest system. Fixed some text errors and some bugs, and well here it is! Hope you enjoy it, and have fun! Also single player saving and loading has now been disabled.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Come one guys! I need comments and feedback! I want you guys to decide what to make now! Should I make more room, monsters, dungeons, items, quests? You decide! Is it not fun? Boring? Then tell me how I can make it fun and exciting!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.