Sci/Tech 'Silk Road 2.0' Launches, Promising A Resurrected Black Market For The Dark Web

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The Silk Road is dead. But the dark web dream lives on.

On Wednesday morning, Silk Road 2.0 came online, promising a new and slightly improved version of the anonymous black market for drugs and other contraband that the Department of Justice shut down just over a month before. Like the old Silk Road, which until its closure served as the Web’s most popular bazaar for anonymous narcotics sales, the new site uses the anonymity tool Tor and the cryptocurrency Bitcoin to protect the identity of its users. As of Wednesday morning, it already sported close to 500 drug listings, ranging from marijuana to ecstasy to cocaine. It’s even being administered by a new manager using the handle the Dread Pirate Roberts, the same pseudonym adopted by the previous owner and manager of the Silk Road, allegedly the 29-year-old Ross Ulbricht arrested by the FBI in San Francisco on October 2nd.

The only significant visible change from the last Silk Road, spotted by the dark-web-focused site AllThingsVice that first published the site’s new url, is a new security feature that allows users to use their PGP encryption key as an extra authentication measure. It also has a new login page, parodying the seizure notice posted by the Department of Justice on the prior Silk Road’s homepage, with the notice “This Hidden Site Has Been Seized” replaced by the sentence “This Hidden Site Has Risen Again.”

“You can never kill the idea of Silk Road,” read the twitter feed of the new Dread Pirate Roberts twenty minutes before the site’s official launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Okay Well, you know that a drug dealer are far worse. They stealing lives, dreams and your money too.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You can only blame them as much as you blame McDonalds for you being fat.

Reaction score
Okay Well, you know that a drug dealer are far worse. They stealing lives, dreams and your money too.

For me "drug dealers" made my life a lot better. Do not underestimate the medicinal power of psychedelics.

FireCat

Reaction score
For me "drug dealers" made my life a lot better. Do not underestimate the medicinal power of psychedelics.
But here's so many people that do drugs/start doing drugs.
Well, "drug dealers" didn't make their lives easier.

Reaction score
But here's so many people that do drugs/start doing drugs.
Well, "drug dealers" didn't make their lives easier.

Why do you think doing drugs is bad? I do drugs. I use cannabis. I use mushrooms. Also some aspirin every now and then. Do you know which one of those drugs will kill me the fastest? Cannabis fixed my bad sleeping problems and I can now attend school normally, mushrooms fixed my depression that lasted for years. There will always be people who abuse substances. It's a problem in the people, not the drug. Many people are just blinded by the propaganda America rooted in their minds with the war on drugs that they'll never understand that these substances can help people. Who use them rationally. Too much of anything is too much.

FireCat

Reaction score
blinded by the propaganda
No. It's the other way around. It's Just an excuse to pretend drugs doesn't hurt anyone.. and in some cases try to make it legal. Seriously, there would be no addicts, if that was Just a propaganda. Some drugs are powerful/drugs don't care what the reason is and can hurt/kill you. You can get addicted even after the first try. Seriously, the drug problem of one person often becomes the problem of many people. This is an awful situation for everyone involved. Don't you think so? Anyway, it might help you, but that doesn't mean it can help other with similar problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.