Silly question regarding splash and upgrades

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
so, i'm in the making of a very basic TD for me and my friends next LAN.

and the thing is that i need an upgrade to increase the area of a splash attack from a tower, how do i do this? what do i base it on?

tower base aoe is 15 full, 25 medi, 50 small, and will increase them all whit about 25 or 50 each level for 10 levels

any way of making this happen? or should i give up on my splash tower? :( and go whit a fixed splash (boooriing)

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
anyone go any ideas? i tested makin it "line" and adding radius anda bit range, but that kinda just f*cked it up :I

im stuck here so a fast response whit be awsome! :O one day i might help you! :thup:

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
1. dont double post. use the edit button...
2. just make 10 separate towers with different AoE of splash

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
1. dont double post. use the edit button...
2. just make 10 separate towers with different AoE of splash

basic idea ya... but the thing is that theres gona be 5 towers I-V upgraded the normal way like all TD's, but then its gona be a Research that will imporve diffrent kidn of towers, like making a bouncing tower bounce to more units, make splash larger (INDEPENDENTLY from normal tower upgrades)

will be possible to...
having a lvl 5 tower whit 50 slash,
having a lvl 1 tower whit 450 splash
having a lvl 3 tower whit 200 splash

and so on

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Maybe if you made multiple towers units with each one being a level of your upgrade and changing its aoe (Full,Small,Medium) to your desired amounts and then make a trigger when an researched replaces all tower units with the tower level 2 units.

like this

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current research level of Splash Upgrade for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Splash Tower Level 1) and do (Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Splash Tower Level 2 using The old unit's relative life and mana)
        • Else - Actions

Edit: sorry didn't see your last post maybe if you made alot of units lol..idk

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Maybe if you made multiple towers units with each one being a level of your upgrade and changing its aoe (Full,Small,Medium) to your desired amounts and then make a trigger when an researched replaces all tower units with the tower level 2 units.

like this

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current research level of Splash Upgrade for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Splash Tower Level 1) and do (Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Splash Tower Level 2 using The old unit's relative life and mana)
        • Else - Actions

Edit: sorry didn't see your last post maybe if you made alot of units lol..idk

that shuld work... but seems like a waste to make 50 diffrent towers xD

any other ideas?

EDIT___

think i solved it whit Pulverise levels, i just have to keep it to doing 0 dmg whit the attack and a static pulverize damage.

have not tested it yet, i dont rember if pulverize is emited from the tower or the target... il have to find out later... il update if it dont work, pls come whit ideas anyway :)

EDIT___
did not work xD i could increase the aoe size however i wanted but... the damage had to be changed whit it ://

canons200

Reaction score
hmm, there is not any upgrade for increasing area of effect, so my suggestion is............simple have lv 1 tower 50 aoe damage, lv 2 have 75 eos damage, and continue the list?

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well i solved it in a diffrent way, i made the upgrade to increase dmg and lowering speed instead.

got a new problem now :S

possible to make a upgrade that increases the damage over time of an attack. like a poison arrow...

canons200

Reaction score
yes, add the ability to the tower first, but setting the requirement field in the ability, let say, require upgrade of poison arrow. At such, when you build tower, because you never research the posion arrow, so your tower can't have the ability until you research it.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
yes, add the ability to the tower first, but setting the requirement field in the ability, let say, require upgrade of poison arrow. At such, when you build tower, because you never research the poison arrow, so your tower can't have the ability until you research it.

the problem is that i who'd like for it to be upgradeable, i have thought the idea of having 10 different poison arrows so that every time i upgrade the skill a new one gets available, but i don't know how yet.

tower upgrade and poison upgrade is 2 different upgrades

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>well i solved it in a diffrent way, i made the upgrade to increase dmg and lowering speed instead.

Anyways... :)
Trigger the area of effect if all your tries has failed:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Cannon Tower
    Actions
        Set point_P = (Position of (Attacked unit))
        Set real_Area = (50.00 x (Real((Current research level of UPGRADE SPLASH DMG for (Owner of (Attacking unit))))))
        Set real_Damage = (50.00 x (Real((Current research level of UPGRADE DAMAGE for (Owner of (Attacking unit))))))
        Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius (real_Area x 2.00) at point_P, dealing (real_Damage / 2.00) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
        Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius real_Area at point_P, dealing real_Damage damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_point_P)
More or less. You can make use of Point Values to calculate the damage, but... Doesn't really matter, since you've solved it.

>>tower upgrade and poison upgrade is 2 different upgrades
Tower upgrade is a normal tower upgrade, from a "Scout Tower" to a "Arcane Tower"?
While poison upgrade is a research, right?

>>i have thought the idea of having 10 different poison arrows so that every time i upgrade the skill a new one gets available, but i don't know how yet.
More or less...
Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes research
    Conditions
        (Researched tech-type) Equal to UPGRADE POISON
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Arcane Tower) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Set level of Aerial Shackles for (Picked unit) to (Current research level of UPGRADE DAMAGE for (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
This means 1 ability, with ten different levels added on a tower, in my case "Arcane Tower", and the ability increases for all towers of a type when research is done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.