simple question... how do you either a make the virophage's weapon do damage...

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
reason is i thought the vile stream weapon looked cool. and i thought itd look cool if my defiler did a vile stream effect that does damage. however if you can tell me how to add the actor on to a new weaponn (aka one i just created... that would be nice.) actually i have a new problem but ill repost for that...

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The Vile Stream weapon uses a persistent effect to continually launch missiles at the target unit. You could try to create your own weapon but the easiest way of doing this would be to duplicate the Vile Stream weapon, and replace the Virophage - Vile Stream (Impact Dummy) effect with a damage effect. Make sure when you duplicate the weapon that you check the following:
  • Actors
    • VileSteam (Unnamed)
    • VileStreamImpact (Unnamed)
    • VileStreamLaunch (Unnamed)
  • Effects
    • Virophage - Vile Stream (Launch Missile)
    • Virophage - Vile Stream (Persistent)

Now create a new damage effect with the desired damage values. Then, find your duplicated Virophage - Vile Stream (Launch Missile) effect and change the Effect: Impact Effect property to your damage effect. Then find your duplicated VileSteam (Unnamed) actor and set the Impact Effect token to your damage effect. Finally find your duplicated VileStreamImpact (Unnamed) actor and edit the Event: Events + property. The last event should be:
Code:
Effect.VileStreamImpact.Start
   Create
You need to modify the event so if refers to your damage effect you just created so it should look like:
Code:
Effect.<Your_Damage_Effect>.Start
   Create

Now you just need to add the weapon to your unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.