Simple Questions About AI/KI for RPG map

OwnerX1234

Reaction score
Hello Guys!

First of all, I am a totally World Editor newbie :D
I made many maps but i failed every time because I couldn't get used to the trigger-stuff.
So I had the idea to make a simple One Piece AdventureMap, where you can sail over the whole grand line and fight trough the storyline and gain a Bounty on your head.

But now to my questions:
I need some stuff like a KI/AI for my map to let the Computer (Player 12) ,which should has the control over all enemy units like Arlong or Buggy, etc., cast different custom spells that i gave them.
But first of all i don't really know if its clever to use an KI/AI for that or should i rather use a Trigger for that ?

Second question is:
I saw that my enemy hero Arlong (Player 12) already can use one spell that I gave him, but i didn't use a cast trigger or a AI/KI, even I deleted the standart melee KI that is set defaultly in the trigger section.
So WHY does he use the spell, but only that one (it's a custom spell, that i created out of the default ability storm bolt, I only changed the appearance of the bolt and changed its missle speed. I done this to an other custom spell of mine, the default ability of this spell is shockwave from the tauren, but the computer player don't uses this spell.... ??? Does the Computer only uses target spells or only one spell per hero?

PS: I only used one trigger that sets the level of Arlong to 10 when the map initializes. And I set the Max level from my two custom spells to 1 over the Object Editor.

Please Help me !

with kind regards
OwnerX

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
AI is always best to be triggered. The melee AI are meant for melee games and used for simple commands preset in WC3.
The commands are already quite preset in the game engine. And it's hard to control which spell should/should not be casted.

And it's not easy to code for AI. But of course, it still depends on the nature of your map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.