Simple Trigger Problem

Onund

Reaction score
It's probably one of the most simple triggers I have ever done, but I can't get it to work.

All it is--

Events - A unit begins casting an ability.
Conditions - (Ability being cast) Equal to Defend
Actions - Order Footman 0001 <gen> to Human Footman - Defend

It doesn't work, and it's so simple that its really frustrating. I've tried "begins the effect of an ability" and everything else that could possibly be related to casting defend. It works when I replace the initial casting ability (defend) with something else, like chain lightning or something.
I don't know if it's something I need to do in the object editor with the defend ability itself, but I can't figure it out.

Can anyone help?

minikrampan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
the unit you are defending with to trigger the action is not the same unit you want to defend with i hope, in that case you first use the spell and then the unit is ordered to use the spell again

Onund

Reaction score
the unit you are defending with to trigger the action is not the same unit you want to defend with i hope, in that case you first use the spell and then the unit is ordered to use the spell again

Nope, it's not the same unit. Like I said, it worked when I put other abilities in place of the initial defend, so if it was the same unit it wouldn't have done that. :(

If it helps put it in context, i'm just trying to make a squad of people defend at the same time, and i'm using the "commander" to initiate the defend of the other units in the squad.

minikrampan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok just tested it, seems kinda wierd that it doesnt work with the defend ability, However make a custom ability and base it of something else like roar or something and remove the buffs effects etc and then it works

Onund

Reaction score
Thanks... I had hoped I didn't have to resort to that though haha.

A big thing is getting, not only the other units in the squad to defend, but also the "commander" to do it as well. So if I put roar or anything else in there, it would make it so I have to have two abilities; one for squad defend, and another for my own defend.

Just kind of annoying that world edit can't handle something as simple as this :(... Thanks for your input though, I guess I'll have to do it that way :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.