Skill problem help

micolord

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Blocks a % of damage.

The problem was when I'm in full health and is hit, that hit isn't block, it was fixed by adding 'wait:0', the problem with wait is, it cant block fast enough (e.g when an attacker is very fast it only blocks 3/10 attacks because 'wait' is causing delay), since 'wait:0' is to fix only the first block damage problem, I added an if condition (e.g if current health less than to max health then wait heal else heal) so now the delay problem with the fast attack is now fixed.

The current problem I can't fix right now is, remember that the 'wait' has a delay heal so when an attacker attacks you when your full health the blocking (healing) is delay the problem now is when an attacker with a very devastating attack hits you (e.g the attacker attacking power is 1500 and your health is 1500 your dead unless if your skill level is 4, 55% of 1500 attacking power is taken away leaving you with a few health left) but with delay your instantly killed.

I tried almost everything that I could :confused: but it was just too dang hard for me :(

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Learning Hero)) Equal to Mico) and ((Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Divine Shield (Mico))
    • Actions
      • Set Paladin = (Learning Hero)
      • Trigger - Add to Untitled Trigger 002 <gen> the event (Unit - Paladin Takes damage)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Divine Shield (Mico) for Paladin) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Life of Paladin) Less than (Max life of Paladin)
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 0.00 seconds
              • Unit - Set life of Paladin to ((Life of Paladin) + (0.25 x (Damage taken)))
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of Paladin to ((Life of Paladin) + (0.25 x (Damage taken)))
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Divine Shield (Mico) for Paladin) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Wait 0.00 seconds
                  • Unit - Set life of Paladin to ((Life of Paladin) + (0.33 x (Damage taken)))
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Set life of Paladin to ((Life of Paladin) + (0.33 x (Damage taken)))
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Divine Shield (Mico) for Paladin) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Wait 0.00 seconds
                      • Unit - Set life of Paladin to ((Life of Paladin) + (0.40 x (Damage taken)))
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Unit - Set life of Paladin to ((Life of Paladin) + (0.40 x (Damage taken)))
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Divine Shield (Mico) for Paladin) Equal to 4
                    • Then - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Set life of Paladin to ((Life of Paladin) + (0.55 x (Damage taken)))
                        • Else - Actions
                          • Wait 0.00 seconds
                          • Unit - Set life of Paladin to ((Life of Paladin) + (0.55 x (Damage taken)))
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing

Happy

Reaction score
if you dont care whether the skill is activatable you can use mana shield for the same effect ^^

MP®

Reaction score
Why do you start a new thread for the same skill?

Anyway: I already gave you the solution in the other topic:

First block the attack completely by giving it the ability 'Item Greater Health Bonus' with a increase of 10000000 health. And start a timer of 0.00 and remove the ability again when the timer goes off.

Then cause the unit to damage the Paladin again with the amount of damage taken x 0.75 (for lvl 1).

(Or you can maybe also just give the unit more armor for almost the same effect btw)

micolord

Reaction score
Why do you start a new thread for the same skill?

Anyway: I already gave you the solution in the other topic:

First block the attack completely by giving it the ability 'Item Greater Health Bonus' with a increase of 10000000 health. And start a timer of 0.00 and remove the ability again when the timer goes off.

Then cause the unit to damage the Paladin again with the amount of damage taken x 0.75 (for lvl 1).

:Genius meme: oh sorry for starting a new thread. My title also sux haha. Can I atleast have an example of that?

MP®

Reaction score
I can give you an example in a few hours, at the moment I'm not at home so I don't have a World Editor available..

micolord

Reaction score
I don't have any idea of it :( Can you please show me how? Or maybe you can make a small map of it with the ability and I'll just study it :D

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I believe the ability is meant to block spell damage as well, which Spiked Carapace can't do. Nor does it allow for ranged attacks.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I believe the ability is meant to block spell damage as well, which Spiked Carapace can't do. Nor does it allow for ranged attacks.

My apologies. the initial post did not mention that.

..and is hit, that hit isn't block..
Hit would often refer to attack. There is no mention of any damage type or of spell damage.

If it's any damage type, why not just use a GDD?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
No reason to overcomplicate things, since there's only one unit that needs it. But I like to choose the most general solution with regards to ambiguous posts.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Yeah I just noticed that it is only a specific unit; tbh a GDD system isn't that complex, but alright I'l leave it.

But one should avoid the unnecessary usage of waits such as:
Wait 0.00 seconds

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.