Tutorial Skinning (In MSpaint) and Exporting models

M

metal chao

Well since you don't mind, I'll carry on then. I do agree with Sooda that it's cool that you've used MSPaint. I also agree that all you need is time if you really want to do something. If you have a one bristel paintbrush you can still create a masterpiece. That being said I do think this is a waste of space and time tutorial. There's so little info that...It's like..."This is how to move your mouse cursor upwards; Push your hand away from you." Bear in mind I am a graphic designer so these comments are from that perspective.

This is my reactions to this tutorial and my reasons why.
  • I like the original sheep! Nice model to use.
  • I don't like the first screenie of the windows - right under the sheep. It's jumbled and hard to read. It's also been cropped to close to where your working.
  • You use ".bmp":eek: MS paint can handle Jpg fine. why use BMP? that increases the size of the texture. Use Jpg instead.
  • You inverted the nice looking sheep! It's now an evil inverted ugly sheep.
  • Again the window screenies are jumbled...Take a screenshot of each window successively for crying out loud.
  • There's so little info in between all the huge-ass pictures it's hard to read.
  • Hmmm mmm...black arrow, black arrow, black arrow, black arrow, RED arrow, black arrow. Wheres the unity? I know its a LOOK HERE! but it's not really needed with this tutorial.

You seem to have just screenied, pasted, typed & linked. Theres no care in making your tutorial. It's all jumbled and "hasty." Thrown together with no regard to readability, or unity. That's what grates me the most ... not the fact that you've used MSpaint (although there is that BMP vs Jpg issue.)

I prefer using Gimp at the very least because a) it's free, b) it's 1,000 times better than MSPaint. MSPaint is so limited all you can really DO with it is invert. Unless you really want to use that one bristel brush. It's not really about "I mean, just saying "lol whats the point of making an MSPaint tutorial because I have GIMP or whatever program that was" is just like "lol whats the point of making a WCIII RoC WE tutorial, I have the WCIII TFT WE!"".

It's about using tools that are designed for that kind of thing. MSPaint is ... so ... inadequatly (SP) docile it's like saying ... "Lets drive 1,000 miles in our flintstones car just because we can." Why not fly or use the new cars that are designed to go 1,000 miles. In less time. etc.. I've said enough :)

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, after looking back over it I totally understand what you're saying.
My only real reason why it the pictures and stuff are as they are is I am not really a very patient person and I had to go somewhere pretty soon.
I'll take your advice and redo the pictures at some point. Just not now >_>

I did, however, use bitmaps because I just don't really like Jpegs very much.
They mess up the image quality. They don't if you use fireworks and probably some other programs, but paint only has one quality setting for Jpegs which generally doesn't look nice.

If .Png works I'd use that though >_>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.