Modelpack Skins and Models - Lighting and Modern Objects

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Originally this was in the project development; because this is a fucking project that is in development. Than, the moderators in their brief moment of clarity decided to move this to some other, even shittier part of these forums and apply a tag that barely explains what this project actually is.

The Members' Project forum is meant for Warcraft III maps. If you post a project of an alternative type (e.g EGUI) then you should state loud and clear that this thread is a project in production, not a resource submission posted in the wrong section.

The moderators have done a surprisenly sudden and unexpected move of smart-ness. They change 'Skins' To ModelPack.

The thread title suggests both and the downloadable file contains both, models and skins.

There are fewer approved model resources than there are skins.

If this gets approved it's easier to find it under models than under skins category. Hence the 'Modelpack' prefix.

Hoozah, all hail the glorious moderators who hopefully won't ban me!

You can always PM a moderator and tell him that you want your thread moved and if the reason is plausible then it's normally moved, too.

No need to be arrogant and abase the moderators.

If you still got any problems or issues, PM and tell me and we'll try to find a solution.

In a polite manner, I hope.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
My only suggestion is that you should "refine" the package, so only the best models&textures are included, the so called "editors pick".

I am suggesting this because there are so many models and textures and it takes very much time
to browse through them, as there are no screenshots for each model/texture.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
There are textures in their TGA form, so that isn't too much of a problem.
This package is meant to give wc3 users completely custom scenes; nothing default from wc3 would be shown. So creating a refined pack wouldn't allow this.

EDIT:

Bump; If I don't get called in for work after school I'll be able to get Batch 2.5 here.
However, after that this model package will no longer be in the works. There is something else, rather similar now in the works because of it ;)

EDIT:

2.5 is rarred and ready to go. But, I want to upload it here. If acehart doesn't give me more upload space than I'll get it at HiveWorkshop.

Pictures of new scenes will be coming in later.

EDIT:

2.5 is here! Within is 125 new models and textures, vastly increasing scene complixity and creativity.
Download via first post!

And as I said before, this model package is no longer in the works so everyone will need to deal with the amatuarish models. However, there is some very similiar in the works (takes place at a different setting and in a different enviroment) which I believe will be used more than this.

EDIT:

Bump.

You'll probably notice that batch 2.5 models are not in the bottom half of the map; but they are in the brush list. This is a minor issue so I won't devote an hour to 'fixing' it.
It will take several minutes of your time, not long.

Remember, the total map size is only 2.5mb!!

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Nice plus rep Plus rep PLUS REP ZORISREX!!!!!!!! MUTHE******************** AND YOU**************
nice mdls +rep
idk if i could ever use em but dled for fun LMAO

idk how to check but are the ladders pathed to let say walk up one

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why submit a resource, a project, a glorious achievement, or whatever you wish, to our site if you can't respect said site?

No matter how great your "resource" is, if you can't show respect for the moderators of TheHelper.net (and thus, the site itself), I can't imagine why on Earth you would submit it here.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Yes, a bit old on this.

I don't care for this getting submitted to resources; I simply posted this here to let others download and use this in their works, hoping to improve it.

Some moderators earned my respect, others take their position too seriously. This site is very nice, forums are not led by idiots who watch every second of the day to replay in new topics. Flaming is kept to a minimum, many experianced users help out in the technical forums.

It's the select few moderators that get on my nerve.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Great sounds, but the models are to low quality for my tastes; no wonder you made the map so dark.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Well you have to remember this map pack was designed for bnet. That means a 3mb limit
The sounds are only for very limited chiose of models, or single player. Sounds can only compress to a limit, even than they're quite large for bnet.

But as I said before, I chose quanity over quality.

EDIT: With my new computer, I looked over the images I took on my older one.

Damn, gamma on that thing much have been high. I can barely see anything in my pictures!

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
In my opinion every Modern map should have these becuse these are GODLIKE

+rep to ya :thup:

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
You can make the unit 'instantly move' to a certain point.
You can pause the unit and make it 'fly' slowly up the ladder (however this will lack climing animations, which is tied to the unit and not the ladder)
You can simply have an area ahead of the ladder walkable (yet elevated) but the effect would be the same was the first suggestion; just more accurate.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Bump.

To anyone who wants the lights to be invisible; there is an alernate texture provided in the package. I am planning to eventually clean the starting post up and make a better faq

The alernate texture is either located in
Warcraft 3 Lighting and Modern-Objects Package\MDX and MDL\Lights
as LIGHT_Cover_Transparent
Remove the '_transparent' part from it, and import into map after deleting the old one.
Yea, should have thought that one out better.

E

ekZ

I notice that in your demo map, you were able to put walls/doors on top of the tiles. When I tried to do the same, the editor would not let me. How did you do it? I am relatively new to terraining and placing doodads/destructables, so please bear with me.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
First post updated - still a mess, but better.
Download improved - while map is the same, the folders are better organized.
Included a readme, which will be very helpful for new people.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Download link does not seem to work for me...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.