Modelpack Skins and Models - Lighting and Modern Objects

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
modernlightinget9.jpg
Sole credits go to Frictional Games for letting me use their textures in this package. I highly recommend everyone checking their horror genre "Penumbra" out. Well worth the money.
www.FrictionalGames.com

This model package is meant to supply a high quality, massive, collection of self-made models perfect for creating that eerie inside you’ve always dream of.
Best of all - this model package is only 2.4mb for over 1,000 models and textures.

To my knowledge, nothing like this exists in wc3. The sheer number, and quality of objects at your disposal is unheard of for a game that is playable on bnet. The lighting amplifies the packs quality by tenfold - easily amazing people who have never seen it before.

Here is a small example of what this model pack is capable of. Every picture was taken inside the world editor! And this is just a glimpse of what you get. Dozens of other wall types, objects, and floors await.

Small Note: many images were run through photoshop ONLY to increase gamma. If they are too bright, contact me.
An overhead view of a map I made.
improved01br3.jpg

A room with emergency lighting - one of my favorite ones.
improved02ch3.jpg

A bedroom - The model pack also includes a small set of creepy pictures.
improved03cm2.jpg

A scene where survivors bravely fought before retreating up the ladder
improved04do3.jpg

A close-up of one of the pipes, and how well textured it can be.
improved05us7.jpg

A demo scene. You'll see an updated picture of it later.
improved06ir1.jpg

A bathroom - I wonder what kicked the door down..
improved07of3.jpg

A locker room of sorts. Looked like a struggle..
improved08wn2.jpg

One of the many offices. Still smells of burritos..
improved09jf4.jpg

A rotting, dank hallway in an underground mine.
improved10hv0.jpg

These next 3 show the major impact lighting has on the game.
improved11gp8.jpg

pic06tf2.jpg

pic07fl5.jpg

Another comparison picture.
improved12ms9.jpg

pic08bs3.jpg

If you aren’t wowed yet, here is a small list of features in this package..
-A map with all* imports already assigned and sized
-Over 1,000 imports*
-Textures in TGA format. Some not used
-Modified light environment - giving you pitch blackness’s in the world editor
-Custom script for disabling default lighting ingame

The model package can be used in a wide range of games - from action shooters, survivals, small scale rts, to even single player campaigns! I’ve seen this used as caves, as offices attached to the outside, to even a res-evil style game. Not sure what happened to those though..

FAQ
Alright, what’s the catch?
Nothing is animated. Beyond that, nothing.

So what exactly is in this?
Many, many things. 75+ different kinds of walls, wooden boards, floors, columns, refrigerators, appliances, beds, lights, cord, pipes, you name it. To be honest, I wish I had used less walls and made more objects, but the current list allows almost anything that comes to your head make able.

Do I have to give credit?
To me? No. But if you want, give credit to this model pack.
However, you MUST credit Frictional Games. The vast majority of their textures from Penumbra are in this - with their permission of course.
It is extremely illegal to claim you made this model package. But you don’t have to credit me.

2.4mb? You’re kidding?
Nope, not at all. Check yourself! (2.4mb did not exclude the map size, which probably adds 200kb to it)

So if you’ve ever had the nagging idea of a modern style game, here is your chance. With just a small amount of experience, you can absolutely stun bnetters. Run with it, show us what you can do.

*Map has 957 imports, folders have over 1,000. Oups!

MODS & READERS: HELP IMPROVE THIS THREAD. SUGGEST HOW THIS THREAD CAN BE IMPROVED
I also refuse to remove the extra readmes; it's just lonely.

Link To Download
Clickity Here
EDIT: IF YOU CAN NOT DOWNLOAD FROM LINK, PLEASE POST.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What can I say? Apart from amazing.

Really nice models, I haven't had time to try them all out, but I tried out the test map and I thought they were great.

Some things even have their own pathing textures. I haven't even mentioned their tiny filesize yet :p

The minimum this is worth is a +rep. Good job.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Updated first post.

Check out the new download; the updated package includes the Enviroment.Rar this time, and also includes several dozen .wav files, great for any horror game!
(However, in order to decrease the sounds filesize I had to decrease the quality)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They work fine in that test map, but when I attempted to add them to a blank map, it crashed WE. Any idea why?

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure. I know that when I opened the most recent copy of this map, than opened a older copy of the map the map crashed on me.
But when I just open the older copy first, it didn't.

Did you open the test map before opening the blank map by any chance?
And you'll quickly find out, none of the models are..uniformly sized.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Bump; batch 2.5 will take awhile to come out since I'm learning how to use 3dmax (used maya to model the objects)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
really cool, but i think this cant be used by most mappers, unless the mapper is willing to create cinematics

btw, why skin?

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Ever get an idea for a map, and you're like "Damn...that just wouldn't work with WC3's models"? Well, I think these might change that pour moi.

Definitely going to download and check them out. And infinite thanks for including a map with pre-imported models!!!

I'll get back to you.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Woooow..

i thought this was going to get a shitload of replies within a day...
Eh, not too many are interested in modern style enviroments. But that is to be expected eh?

really cool, but i think this cant be used by most mappers, unless the mapper is willing to create cinematics
Hmm, how so? This package is very bnet capable. Also, removing ambient lighting does very little to the performance rate.
Computers that are running the bare minimum of wc3 might have problems depending on scene complexity.

btw, why skin?
What do you mean? Majority of these textures are tileable and thus why I used them.
And wc3 textures are just so...horrid.
EDIT: I see it now. Originally this was in the project development; because this is a fucking project that is in development.
Than, the moderators in their brief moment of clarity decided to move this to some other, even shittier part of these forums and apply a tag that barely explains what this project actually is.
EDIT2: The moderators have done a surprisenly sudden and unexpected move of smart-ness. They change 'Skins' To ModelPack Hoozah, all hail the glorious moderators who hopefully won't ban me!

Ever get an idea for a map, and you're like "Damn...that just wouldn't work with WC3's models"? Well, I think these might change that pour moi.

Definitely going to download and check them out. And infinite thanks for including a map with pre-imported models!!!

I'll get back to you.

Thanks mate for the kind words.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
EDIT: I see it now. Originally this was in the project development; because this is a fucking project that is in development.
Than, the moderators in their brief moment of clarity decided to move this to some other, even shittier part of these forums and apply a tag that barely explains what this project actually is.
EDIT2: The moderators have done a surprisenly sudden and unexpected move of smart-ness. They change 'Skins' To ModelPack Hoozah, all hail the glorious moderators who hopefully won't ban me!

You don't fail to be a smartass.

This is a really nice pack. Lots of good stuff for a relatively small size (2.?? mb if all models are used?). The lights, pictures...toilets...all that..very nice. You seem to have kept a very low poly count while still getting a good quality model, same with the skins (although I might reskin some things if I do use these, that's okay, right?).

Extra bonus props for the light emitters, they're great!

Anyways, good job, +rep when I can.

>>Please, for the love of god suggest models to be made! Nothing animated, just simple objects that would fit in with this pack.

Assuming I have the free time and motivation to put my map idea in motion...I shall ;)

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Due to concerns with my team, batch 2.5 will be kept private until all members on my mapping team can agree to release them.

However, models requested here will be made public once made instead of going through a waiting phrase.
Aka: Request some models!

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I think the only reason that mods/admins did that was because this project looks finished :p

It already looks so good that they might have thought it was ready, especially because you had already attached some of the completed models (That was quite a big WIP pack)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.