Skins

H

HELPME!

I've looked at just about all tuturials on the web about skinning but it still doesn't make sense. I can get to the point where I have the edited skin in .blp format, but after that I'm stuck. I have MPQ2K (both versions) but there again it doesn't seem to help. Please help, I'm so confused.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Which tutorial(s) did you try? I'll read them for you and explain them again to you.

H

HELPME!

Thanks for helping. I tried the Skinning Tuturial by Pencil God (wc3campaigns.com) which seemed the most explanitory. I went through the other tuturials on this site but most seemed to just have tips on actually editing while I need to know how to implement them. I also went through the web for some other tuturials but forget the sites.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I think that tutorial was written a while ago, which is why it uses mpq2k. WinMPQ has basically made mpq2k obsolete, cause it does everything mpq2k does, and it is much easier to use.

Get winMPQ at: http://shadowflare.ancillaediting.net/dwnload.html

Now you said you've got your blp, all you have to do is:

- open your map up in winMPQ (click 'open')
- click 'add' to import your blp
- when it asks you to type in a path, just type in the same path that you got your blp from in the first place.

That should be it - your edited skin should now work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.