Skyrim - Graphical Problem

Smygarn777

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this plaid pixel obscuring from my screen? I havent seen this with any other game I tried playing after installing, im positive this is only with Skyrim. I bought it from the local store and I havent even gotten to character creation because I simply cant stand it.

2011-11-15_00002.jpg

2011-11-15_00001.jpg

2011-11-15_00003.jpg

I cant see nearly anything like this, and I've tried restarting the game over 5 times now.

Its really making me annoyed.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you tell us what your computer specs are? Mostly the graphics card.

One thing to try is updating your graphics card, as it looks like it could be an issue with this.

Smygarn777

Reaction score
Its understandable that I should have included a bit more about the Graphic Card im using.
The graphic card im using is a 'Nvidia GeForce GTS 250', and with it I can run Every released Total War game thus far on highest quality, as well as Oblivion and Starcraft II.

The graphic in Skyrim executes rather well, only that this plaid shaped wall of black lines obscure the view. There's no lag or spike delay whatsoever. The Computer im using was homebuilt and approximately 3 years old, and this obscured view only occured with Skyrim that I bought this same day.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the information.

One thing I would possibly check is the heat of the graphics card when Skyrim is being run, as artifacts can be caused by overheating. Other than that I am not too sure, as your computer should be able to run it fine at decent settings.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if your problem's been fixed yet, but whatever...

Well, as Undead said and I don't know if you've tried yet but, update your graphics card drivers.

Also, you could try this mod: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=123

On other forums it seems like it's a Nvidia-centered problem. I suggest that if the latest drivers don't work, to wait for a next update if nothing works for you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.