Skyrim: What's your character's stats?

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I've currently got a level ~25 Redguard warrior. I've got (roughly) 75 in one handed weapons, 53 in shield, 51 in heavy armour, and about 40 in smithing. I'm waiting until I'm strong enough in combat skills (which might be now) and then I'll max smithing, enchanting, alchemy, and make super gear :D

What about you guys?

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Around level 29, one handed is at 85 or 90. Archery at 40, lockpicking at 60ish, heavy armor around 50ish.
I just use two daggers and heavy armor, and use archery for assassinations so all my other stats are fairly low. Smithing is around 30 or 40

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Ah nice dude, I'm going to get 100 smithing soon for my dragon armour for me and Lydia :D

I was sad when I learned that there is no benefit to having an armour rating after 600.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
[youtube]1j-EyBNZozE[/youtube]

My friend reached like level 50 in like the first week.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
[youtube]1j-EyBNZozE[/youtube]

My friend reached like level 50 in like the first week.
Eh nice, me too. (Or that is, I was level 50 within a week (give or take a day or two) of buying the game not necessarily one week after the game was released.) I got to level 73 (on Adept) and then deleted my guy and then restarted a few days later on Master, I got him to level 35 in like fifteen hours (which is really quick) but I messed him up by leveling up non-combat stats so I just couldn't kill anything, and now I started again playing it properly like I did with my first champ but now it's on Master.

I was sad when I learned there's a hard cap of level 80.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I play a mage on Master with -100% mana cost on Destruction and Conjuration spells.

I love spamming spells. :D

Needless to say, that requires 100 enchanting. I also exploited the 100 speech glitch in Riften, but didn't use the console except once for debugging (Lydia simply disappeared right in front of me). I don't use a companion anymore in fear of Friendly Fire (Chain-chain lightning really hurts your allies).

The beginning was really hard as a mage on Master though. I had to reload frequently in Bleak Falls Barrow. Flames + Monster HP on Master = y u no die?

Before my mage I went through the Main Quest with a 2-handed warrior on Adept. And I also have a lvl 50 dual-wield warrior.

Well anyway, here's a screenshot of my warrior in Light Armor:

2011112900003.jpg

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I play a mage on Master with -100% mana cost on Destruction and Conjuration spells.

I love spamming spells. :D

Needless to say, that requires 100 enchanting. I also exploited the 100 speech glitch in Riften, but didn't use the console except once for debugging (Lydia simply disappeared right in front of me). I don't use a companion anymore in fear of Friendly Fire (Chain-chain lightning really hurts your allies).

The beginning was really hard as a mage on Master though. I had to reload frequently in Bleak Falls Barrow. Flames + Monster HP on Master = y u no die?

Before my mage I went through the Main Quest with a 2-handed warrior on Adept. And I also have a lvl 50 dual-wield warrior.

Well anyway, here's a screenshot of my warrior in Light Armor:

2011112900003.jpg
Niceee, I got -100% spell cost on my level 73 Adept to max Alternation, Conjuration, and Illusion which are at most ten minute jobs each, and also Restoration which took quite a while. (Did Light Armour at the same time.) And I restarted before I got Destruction past 40 something lol.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't get -100% spell cast in more than 2 schools, unless you cheat. :p

You need to dual-enchant 4 items so that they provide 4x -25% mana cost in their respective schools.

You can get -50% on all schools through perks though. You will still need 4 enchants per school, as enchants affect base cost not revised cost after perk. Unless that changed recently, of course.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I'm not talking about your regular gear, rather making training gear. Just make three leather sets consisting of whatever the four items you can put a -25% spell cost enchantment on, and put two enchantments on each item in the first set for -25% Conjuration and -25% Restoration which adds up over four items to -100% and then on the second set repeat but with Illusion and Alternation, and then with the third set, just Destruction.

You can then max each skill and then discard (or store) that set and then switch to the next one until you've hit max levels on all schools. That way you get lots of perks... fun fun :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol.

Dunno about perks but if you level up too much and don't have the fighting skills to make up for it the monsters are going to be too numerous and strong for you to handle. :p

Regardless, the easiest way to kill mobs at this game is definitely a (Legendary) Daedric *insert weapon here* with double enchant, couple with a load of one-handed/two-handed damage boost enchants on various items.

Spells top way too early at pitiful damage. Melee weapons can hit for 400+ damage.

Reaction score
To me this game felt very incomplete, so I couldn't bother finishing it. I have two characters between levels 30 and 40, thief and warrior.

This game was not worth the hype.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
lol.

Dunno about perks but if you level up too much and don't have the fighting skills to make up for it the monsters are going to be too numerous and strong for you to handle. :p

Regardless, the easiest way to kill mobs at this game is definitely a (Legendary) Daedric *insert weapon here* with double enchant, couple with a load of one-handed/two-handed damage boost enchants on various items.

Spells top way too early at pitiful damage. Melee weapons can hit for 400+ damage.
I learned that the hard way on Master with my first play through. I max'd many non combat skills like Pick Pocketing really quickly and my combat skills were low, so I got hammered and quit that character. I was level 52 before I started training all my other skills.

Yeah that would be cool!

Do you know if health regenerates faster the more you have? I've nearly got 400 health at level 26 or so right now, will my health regenerate faster than at 100?

(PS: Dragonplate Armour FTW)

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
To me this game felt very incomplete, so I couldn't bother finishing it. I have two characters between levels 30 and 40, thief and warrior.

This game was not worth the hype.

It is very complete. Yes there are numerous bugs, but it is Bethesda and that is expected especially with such a large game world. You can't really finish it, I'm pretty sure there are unlimited quests in the game (Simple ones such as "assassinate so and so.") To me this game was worth the hype. It takes up my time and I have fun wandering the world

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I'm going through the Mage questline at the moment, it's one of my favourites because I get to become DA MAN.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> To me this game felt very incomplete, so I couldn't bother finishing it.

I guess that the game just isn't your type then, because anybody enjoying those types of games (open-world, beautiful environment, lots of different quests and NPCS, etc) found a lot of fun to be had in this one.

> (PS: Dragonplate Armour FTW)

Daedric armor is actually better in every way compared to the Dragonplate heavy armor.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
It's a little better overall but I like the look of the Dragonplate armour better. I've got 100 enchanting, smithing, and I'm at 95 pick pocketing. I'm going to get my mage gear and get Destruction, Illusion, Alternation and Conjuration max'd and then work on Alchemy and then I'll smith some super gear =D

Reaction score
> To me this game felt very incomplete, so I couldn't bother finishing it.

I guess that the game just isn't your type then, because anybody enjoying those types of games (open-world, beautiful environment, lots of different quests and NPCS, etc) found a lot of fun to be had in this one.

> (PS: Dragonplate Armour FTW)

Daedric armor is actually better in every way compared to the Dragonplate heavy armor.
The problem isn't the game type. It's the game.

The controls are very sluggish, it takes too much time to switch weapon/spell. And navigating the menus (at least on PC) is horrible. They should've stuck with Oblivion system. It looked a lot better too.

Only class that makes sense and can be used with master difficulty is warrior. Mages and thieves just don't manage it. You can't kill anyone even with the best spells, just go grab the Daedric (insert weapon type here) of (insert enchament here) and win.

In the end, all characters look pretty much the same (depends on your class, but of course warrior is all that matters).

The animation is horrible. Has anyone actually looked at the game?

Bugs. Bugs. Bugs. Endless bugs. I bet Bethesda never tested it. There are bugs that can't go unnoticed.

I could go on and on. But the point is, it's not finished. It's like 40% of what I expected it to be.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
The problem isn't the game type. It's the game.

The controls are very sluggish, it takes too much time to switch weapon/spell. And navigating the menus (at least on PC) is horrible. They should've stuck with Oblivion system. It looked a lot better too.

Only class that makes sense and can be used with master difficulty is warrior. Mages and thieves just don't manage it. You can't kill anyone even with the best spells, just go grab the Daedric (insert weapon type here) of (insert enchament here) and win.

In the end, all characters look pretty much the same (depends on your class, but of course warrior is all that matters).

The animation is horrible. Has anyone actually looked at the game?

Bugs. Bugs. Bugs. Endless bugs. I bet Bethesda never tested it. There are bugs that can't go unnoticed.

I could go on and on. But the point is, it's not finished. It's like 40% of what I expected it to be.
Thieves can do it easily as well. Just level up archery and one handed weapons (use dual daggers), sneak, put in relevant perks, max smithing and enchanting and alchemy, and make yourself four items with +25-30% bow damage or dagger damage.

EDIT: But yeah, Mages need a bit of a... boost. I think the UI needs a little bit of tweaking to display more info, but I actually like it. In three or four months all the bugs should be fixed, maybe.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thieves are in fact so strong that they can't be played properly. Wield a dagger, use the 30x damage perk and backstab. One-shot everything in the game from Dragons to Dragon Priests with crappy daggers. Yay.

I agree though that many controls are sluggish. That's why I stopped playing mage quite early. It sucks, heavily.

> Only class that makes sense and can be used with master difficulty is warrior.

In fact, on Master difficulty being a Warrior is quite rough while you're stuck with crappy gear. Thieves do several times better. Just hit a good measure on your Sneak skill and the game becomes on Novice by itself by then. :D

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
All right, I'm level 60 and have max'd out Illusion, Alternation and Conjuration. I'm planning on doing Destruction, Restoration and Light Armour soon. This is my gear after maxing enchanting, smithing, and alchemy:

I've got almost all Heavy Armour perks relating to increasing my armour, except two which I don't think I'll get since I'm well past the ~600 armour-benefit cap. (They are the fifth level of the first skill, for 100% more armour, and the +25% for matching set.)

I've got a full dragonplate set which totals 1397 armour. On both my Ebony Sword and Bow, I have each with a +36 damage Fire and Frost enchantment. On my Boots, I have +57% Fire and Frost resistance, on my Shield I have +57% Shock and +23% Magic resistance, on my Ring and Amulet I have each with +47% one handed damage and +23% Magic resistance. On my Helm I have +47% Bow damage and +47% lock picking, on my Plate I have +72 Health and +36% Health Regeneration, and on my Gauntlets, I have +47% One handed damage and I think +47% Bow damage.

I've got 570 health, 300 stamina, 100 magicka, with my gear equipped. My sword does 450 damage (double damage from perks) and my bow about 180 (no perks). I've got the Dragonhide spell for -80% physical damage which I've yet to use.

Due to my set of alchemy gear (+~30% for ~120%) and alchemy perks I have uber potions. Fortify One Handed for +130% damage, Fortify Bow +130%, Fortify Barter +32%, Fortify Carry Weight +130, Fortify Fire, Frost and Shock resistance +97%, Fortify Magic resistance +32%, Fortify Health, Stamina and Magicka regeneration +160%, Fortify Health, Stamina, Magicka, +~100, Fortify Sneak +130%, Fortify Lock Picking +65%, Fortify Pickpocketing +130%.

Some of these potions I can sell for like 1.5-3k each with my +48% prices gear on. It seems capped though, since +32% from Fortify Barter on top of that makes no difference. (I also have 20% from Speech perks and 10% with the opposite sex.)

With my One Handed Potion, I deal like 1100 damage and can two hit a dragon with a power attack. (And I've yet to get perks for increasing power attack damage.)

Tis' pretty cool. I want to get Archery and Sneaking perks as well. Maybe some light armour perks if I have enough to go around. Alchemy is just FTW.

I FEEL LEGENDARY. I don't worry about loot as much anymore (for me that just means not checking EVERY skeleton in the room each for their 5 coins) so I get through Dungeons much faster... fun fun fun!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.