SL Deteriorated - Survivors

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well lol. Then not the barrel murdered u buddy :D (if it was a normal one). Maybe there was an enemy around u or one of Bess's bombs...

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
You have to set ar to 51, not to 1 - else it won't work.

Does that also work for ranged units. Because I was making an artillery system (the cannons would have low acquistion, so you would have to direct their fire manually) and they would always ran to the target, until they were within acquisition range and then fire.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
No. For ranged units u have to set acquisition range to be more or equal to the attack range

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hey all again!
It's been a while since I released the first beta, which lets say wasn't that good. It was buggy, hard to play, short and a bit plain. Now after a loooong holiday I've retuned and brought you beta 2. Miles away from the first version it's bugless, long and much more exciting with lots of new systems and monsters. It still needs some final touches, but I'll give you a dl link soon. Hope you guys didn't lose your interests :) .

*Progress Updated!

GL&HF!

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Hey, what I think you should add, would be a system.
A system like in 300 wc3 game.
Were you would have to get into a line at one point, at another just head on, then retreat. This would add much more sense to the game, and more ideas of tactics.

Perhaps there should be parts to the map were you would lure someone somewhere, were they would die. And that would require tactics, like aggro this guy, while we shoot.. w/e..

Like basing you strategy on your team would be fun, then pros would have games.. etc..

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Xapphire
Well I don't really know what you mean, coz I've never played with 300... :rolleyes: Dl demo 2, play it, and then share your comments and ideas again.

So here it is guys. Demo 2 is finally complete (well afaik). You can download it from my site:

Website Link

Direct Link

Now it's playable in single player too. Bots have no special AI, so they'll just follow Player 1 and attack if they see an enemy. They won't use any of their abilities so it's recommended to play the map on Bnet with human companions...
I hope you'll like it. GL&HF

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
WoW... Nobody warned me bout a lil problem: the map isn't working.
Well I've uploaded a new working version to my site. I've fixed some little bugs too, so it's pretty cool now. DL and try it, then give me some feedback. I'm not making these for myself guys. :cool:

***EDIT***

The DL links are the same!

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello all!
So many time I've wasted on this project. So many ciggies I've smoked coz on test something went wrong. Now I ask myself: Was it worth it?
My answer is: yes.
I've learned so many things when made the final beta of Survivors, which can be downloaded from here:

Direct Link

The list of thing I've changed is so long... Download the map if you like horror-style maps, and have fun!
Feedback welcomed! Good Luck!

Baby-Bever

Cool Member
Reaction score
Like Survivers on tv?? What's that?

However, this game is taking place in the world which Lord created quite some time ago. The main characters is from Lords first custom campaign, "Sunwood Legends" aswell as his second, "Deteriorated"

The main point of the game is to (as you can guess due to the game name), survive, whilst escaping some kind of place. (Ask Lord about further information on that, or simply play the "Deteriorated" campaign). You can play as either of five characters. You cannot chose character directly, rather depending on your colour you get an hero. Your party consists of up to five people. If you come too far away from your teammates, a lot of monsters will spawn (thus problary slaying you). If ANYONE from your team dies, you all will lose.

This game uses an quite unusuall camera mode, it's locked not too far from the character you play with, and this hinders you too see what is coming from behind. You steer your character by using the arrow keys. Simply approaching the enemy won't be enough to attack it, you have to right-click on it to attack.

That would be it I beleive. (I am also aware that most of this already is written in the previous posts, but as he asked, I answered)

Lord, did you test the whole map with ATLEAST 2 players? I believe that when I last tested it toghether with you A heck of alot creatures spawned when we entered the subway, thus killing both of us almost immediatly. Another question would be if you have been removing leaks. (I doubt that as you don't do it in our common project. :p).

Anyways great job!

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Final Version!

Well I'm back after a long long slumber! The very final version of Survivors is complete! It's really enjoyable in my opinion. There are still a few small bugs in it, but nothing serious. I hope you (who dare to dl it) will find it exciting! Have Fun!

Direct Link

My Website

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
This seems cool, I like the way the camera goes.

Is it still playable single player?

Em... I dled it but it doesn't work. I can't read that type of file... Oh well.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You need the Frozen Throne expansion with the latest patch to play the map.
Thanks for the download anyway.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
This sounds really good, gotta test it when I reinstall WE etc. ;)
I hope I can use all those little tools with Vista 64Bit hmm..

K

Kyonu

Might not be bad in Multi player mode, but in single it really, really isn't that good. :(

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for your posts guys!

You're right Kyonu. It's a multiplayer based game. Computer controlled companions are just following the leader character, and attack only when enemies come real close to them. Maybe I'll update the game and give it a better AI once, but right now I have to concentrate to other projects. As I said it's a multiplayer based game (I don't really like making single campaigns --> takes too much time; no one really likes them when ppl can play other maps online). I had some downloads in the last 2 days. Surely someone will host in on bnet just to try it out. :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6938/

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/49767/

K

Kyonu

Ya, I get that. I just felt it was a need to post, since the AI followed me into a building, and blocked the doorway, and wouldn't move. :p So I got irritated, that's all.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You have an ability called 'Follow Me!'. You can use it when something like that happens. It orders the target to move next to you. ;)
I know it's freakin annoying tho... :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.