Sliding Maze Wc3 (Port)

clancer

Reaction score
Hello members of thehelper.net wc3 community.
I have been a fan of wc3 mods for a long time and am currently a 4th year software engineer.
In my spare time for the last 4 months I have been porting the elements that i loved from sliding mazes into a game on android. I am looking to contact the sliding community wherever i can in order for them to gain involvement. Upon release this game will be made free and open source.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
>Interested.

What are your current ideas on this app? I assume you want that smooth motion of sliding on ice, are you trying to make a direct replica of the sliding maps? Will it be single player or multiplayer?

Will it be touch-screen based? Will the touch direct the movement/facing angle or will there be a "joystick" in the corner?

Just a general feedback on idea's and thoughts would be appreciated.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Wrong forum; this is for wc3 projects (Models, maps for war3), not games for androids.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Wc3 projects are pretty much dead anyway, minimal activity here in months.
Regardless, I am interested in converting old classics into new-age apps for android devices.

As soon as you make any progress and need any assistance, drop me a PM. Good luck

clancer

Reaction score
So far I have implemented a lot of the obstacles from the original maps such as patrolling enemies, catapults, ground traps, jump/speed pads among others, I also liked the bosses from mazes like sliding loop as so at the end of each section you will find these, I have accommodated to the casual android players by simply having you fall over (tap to get back up) when hitting the edges to make it less punishing. The sliding on ice is pretty close to how it was but I had to lock the screen on the player so it feels different feedback/ideas in this area would be nice as having large scrolling maps on android was one of the goals of this project.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
An important question is still that of multiplayer vs single player.

Also what software are you designing this in?
I'd gladly do some testing if you would like

clancer

Reaction score
I wrote my game engine from scratch in java as well as a level editor which run on a PC using javas canvas.. at the same time im working on the android version using opengl... theres still a lot of problems im working on to package a testing application but hopefully that will be soon... single vs multiplayer is something people seem most enthusiastic about but as i dont have servers, money or time... it probably wont happen in the near future.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.