SMF On a Windows Server?

Reaction score
I ran into a bit of trouble...I bought a Domain and hosting from Go Daddy. And there seems to be a problem that im running with a windows server and SMF uses linux. How can I CHMOD my files so I can use SMF, beacuse windows server wont let you CHMOD. So if you can help, please do.

Reaction score
You're on a windows server, and some crucial files are not writable. Please ask your host to give write permissions to the user PHP is running under for the files in your SMF installation. The following files or directories need to be writable:

* attachments
* Packages
* Packages/installed.list
* Smileys
* Themes
* agreement.txt
* Settings.php
* Settings_bak.php

I dont know, but I changed my hosting account to the same thing i just switched it over to Linux somehow.

[Switch Operating System] then i clicked on the same plan but this time Linux, I hope that doesn't mean it re bought the plan all over instead of switching it.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
You have access to the server config yourself and you need to know how do do this? If you don't have then I guess you have to ask your host just like the error asks you to do.
That looks a lot like some windows chmod so I guess I was wrong saying there is no chmod windows equivalent.

Edit: If you still need help with the windows thing then this maybe will help http://www.xav.com/scripts/installer/3008.html

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
The Godaddy Windows package comes with ASP, not PHP.

Also, SMF doesn't use Linux, it uses PHP. It runs fine on my windows server that has PHP. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.