so, I kinda got screwed on ebay, sort of

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thankfully it was fixable. Bought a sega saturn a while back, well it showed up while my wife was having surgery, never got to test. Last night I tried to play a game and the damn cd spindle was pushed so far down you could not even put a disc on it at all. It's been 3 months so nothing I was gonna be able to do about it. System was listed as tested and working. It did not happen in shipping because obviously the cover was closed and no damage anywhere. They obviously just made an assumption that it worked, no way in hell they tested it. I tried prying up on the thing with butter knives and flat heads and such, it would not budge, opened up the system, tried again with better leverage points and vision, nope. Got some pliers started trying to pull it up ruck it back and forth no go. This is like really kinda pulling a lot harder than I should have been. Finally I started looking around for replacement drives, found there are some available, not to bad. Decided to give 1 last try before i ordered a replacement drive. I got channel logs out and just ripped that damn thing off. Took a ridiculous amount of force, and somehow didn't tear up the motor or anything around it. So, it turns out, I didn't end up losing any money, but pisses me off you make a big point about tested and working and it obviously was not.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
When I was selling Jag games on eBay my only bad feedback was from a guy who bought Hover Strike CD, dude paid a dollar, and gave me negative feedback because the discs were not in perfect order, there were some scratches. I tested it, it worked but he just assumed that it would be perfect though I never said it was mint in the posting. Anyway, if eBay feedback is the same now as it was back in the day if you say something there it would likely get some attention.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i think it is outside of the time i can even get feedback. , thankfully it ended beingfixable, the damn thing looks brand new, satuns not cheap anymore. lost mine in the flood a few years ago

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.