So I'm New and I need help with: Warcraft 3 map making

StalkedByDeath

Reaction score
OK... so before i begin i would like to get all of the bs out of the way ... this is my very first forum thread on any site anywhere ... i know i have poor grammar and probably poor spelling ... if you wanna harp about it plz go somewhere else :cool:
That said ... i am new to forums so i plan to post multiple threads with "So I'm New and I need help with:" as the starting line ... that way if you need to reference other threads of mine in order to help me or maybe once ive gained some experience for me to help you they should be easy to navigate.

I am currently "in the process" of making a tribute ORPG that i would like to have in at least a state that people can play it and have fun by the end of this year (2013) ... if you have ANY input please give me a way to contact you ... either by private message of some sort or through my threads

The game I am making: Bleach Tribute ORPG
The help I will need: Anything and Everything you are willing to help me with (from mapping to triggers to custom models/spells and more as I think of it)
The testers I will need: Anyone who loves anime (bleach especially) and is not an ASSHAT who just wants to complain about every little thing ... I like criticism but I hate when it is not constructive

MY VERY FIRST QUESTION THAT I NEED ANSWERED
**Is there some way that I can simply copy and paste certain features from other maps that I have played such as Save/Load System or game characters themselves?** (with the map makers permission of course - if i can get a hold of them ... if not i will steal it and just give them credit :D)

• StalkedByDeath

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
**Is there some way that I can simply copy and paste certain features from other maps that I have played such as Save/Load System or game characters themselves?** (with the map makers permission of course - if i can get a hold of them ... if not i will steal it and just give them credit :D)
Open up the Trigger Editor, find the relevant triggers, copy and paste them into your map. (Ensure "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data" under Preferences is checked)

"Stealing" would imply deprotection of maps, which this forum does not support.

StalkedByDeath

Reaction score
Open up the Trigger Editor, find the relevant triggers, copy and paste them into your map. (Ensure "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data" under Preferences is checked)

"Stealing" would imply deprotection of maps, which this forum does not support.
really appreciate it :D that will be a very useful tip for this map :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.