So, we move to vBulletin 3.*

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
If you have any thoughts or suggestion regarding the development of our new boards, please feel welcome to post them to this thread. I'm pretty skilled at template and style mods, and I'd like some feedback.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I like it.

I got really scared though when I clicked on the favorites button. Yowser.

Too badd all the colors can't look like this box does? Faded blue and white? Cute.

The only weird thing is, half the forum is 'old school' and half of it is ' new school'.

Can we now put a direct link to the tutorial site at the top of the world editor forums?

The new post cork board picture is slightly orange. I don't think its enough of a difference from those without new posts. The yellow was strong and obvious there was new posts there, while the orange is just a corner of the cork, and subtle.

I see we are using a fixed font size now.... mixed emotions. Never too big, but no option. Hmmmm... keep it i'd say.

Inside a thread with multiple posts, there are so many lines of the same thickness, which makes it tough for the brain to seperate the posts. they kind of mesh as one.

But instead of thicker lines, how bout the TOP bar with the date on the post? Above the name? Slightly lighter or darker background - to break up the posts more.

Can we increase the time before it says 'last edited by.....' to something like three minutes? I always have afterthoughts - I think 3 minutes or so would be fair. Oh hey look - it did it again. Heh.

Wow, I like you can have an ICON for a list, instead of coding it. I think darg and I are the only ones who used lists in the WE forum.

I still don't see an option for inserted images. That never worked before either.

Whats the difference between delete message, and physically remove?

Hey I'm revamping this site for www.extremekickboxing.net - your good with layouts and colors. Perhaps you could spend a moment to look at it. This guy expects a miracle, but without scrapping the whole thing...... hmmm

It was a nightmare - the first thing I did was break down 40 HTML files into one php template. For real, the guy had the 170 line menu repeating in EVERY page. If you wanted to change ONE link? No way buddy. 40 links. But you won't believe what hes paying me for it....or well.... you may ;)

I did redo the menus on the left. Pleeeease look?

Chile

Reaction score
we're missimg about 8 hours of posts in total. the reason why they are missing is because all of the upgrades were performed on a duplicate database.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
wtf??

Currently Active Users: 205 (3 members and 202 guests)
Most users ever online was 492, Today at 07:11 PM.
Darg*, Pronoun, XXconanXXX

are these correct? NEVER in the old forums did I see numbers anywhere near this, it was usually, say, 2 guests and 2 members, or something like that! (??)

Mind

Reaction score
I'm forced to log in manually every time I visit the site… Is that intentional?

Posting Rules

You may post new threads

You may post replies

You may not post attachments

You may not edit your post

I'm speechless.

Is this supposed to be an improvement?

Edit: How coincidental. At the very same moment I posted this reply, the forum rules were modified.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Obviously, some things were reset when they installed the new software man.

WTF?

Last night everything was neat and clean. Now its gargantuan text, cho HUGE I tell ya!

Why is the title of the forum so light, then the text is so dark? 'Edit Post , Delete this Message' and forum names are headers, and should be the darker one.

Ah my eyes

The post reply icons and stuff have white pixels on some edges.

Look at it:

Attachments

• omg.jpg
    omg.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 477

Chile

Reaction score
Yeah, I think there is a small issue with the sessions timer, heh. Personally, I'm quite surprised that the upgrade went so well. Given that nearly everything about the database table columns changes from v2.* to 3.* I was half expecting an error to pop out.

I guess it takes more to impress other people. :confused:

Chile

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong either, heh.

It really helps to know if there are display problems so I can isolate them and change them as needed. ;)

Mind

Reaction score
Ignore the issue I posted earlier. Apparently, only members which are logged in can edit their posts and post attachments.