So who's going into Starcraft2 mapping right away?

Will you be moving to Starcraft2 Mapping?

• Total voters

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Cant compete with DotA, watch it move on to starcraft 2 -_- hope they dont allow you to make heros at all!

I hope that there still are itemslots, but without heros. Could make a very good Starships ( Bships in Space )!

Demi666

Reaction score
Woah people, the release date is not yet announced, not to mention that we aren't even sure if it will include anything more advanced than a terrain editor.

agreed, the rumors might be overrated? (+rep sfilip)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
In the other hand, I hope that there are no item slots and heroes. Would ruin the SC concept. I want to see battles between 2, or possibly even more, armies. I love the aftermath.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Idk if I would join SC2 so fast just because there is a chance the Editor is different and all the heros stuff so it all depends

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Well i'll be sure to start mapping right away as soon as its realeased

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I wonder what the cpu specs required to run SC2 are... cause I don't know if my Compy will be able to handle it.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I'm moving to SC2 asap..

Reasons:

StarCraft 2's engine will definately be alot more powerful than the Warcraft III editor...the big problem is getting people to learn and learn how to terrain for starcraft (cause starcraft is pretty insane with terraining)...

Imagine..there will start to be Wc3 type starcraft games soon.. :)

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Sadly, SC2 will most likely lack heroes, and even items (though one could probably code an inventory system by making units considered "items" and using dummy units).

I haven't played SC1 save for the demo - does SC have a lot of abilities? Something tells me SC2 won't have nearly as many abilities as WC3 did, and we will now have to make a lot more JASS spells due to the lack of a wide variety of skills.

Idea: Let's reinvent mazes, survival maps, Uther Party, etc. in Starcraft II! Not only will we be bringing over our favorite games, but the idiots who haven't played WC3 will think they are totally original and love us.:cool:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Yeah, WC3 World-Editor, revolves a lot around Heroes, items, and abilities. Without those three, the SC2 Editor would not need an "Ability Editor" section in it's World Editor.

What do you guys expect exactly from the Editor if there's not much info on the things the units in SC2 will have (if there will be abilities, items, heroes, inventories, etc.)

Cal1991

Reaction score
So people are just going to have to be more creative. Not a bad thing.

Just becuase lack of a good editor forces people to be extremly resourceful in order to produce maps that are worth playing, doesn't make it a good thing.

Mmage

Reaction score
No offence to any1 here, but im not really a computer gamer, so i dont think ill want to spend that much on starcraft2. Ill hold out for Halo3 and a new comp.

Reaction score
> Idea: Let's reinvent mazes, survival maps, Uther Party, etc. in Starcraft II! Not only will we be bringing over our favorite games, but the idiots who haven't played WC3 will think they are totally original and love us.
That'll propably happen on its own since AoS came from Starcraft, Bounds (that evolved into mazes) came from Starcraft, survival maps were obviously in Starcraft etc :)
Reinvent the reinvented :p

Reaction score
It would be nice, if it had real-time syntax checker like Visual Studios have... or what ever they're called :D.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
We need to wait and see... They promise us a lot of things... Who knows, maybe there'll be like 3 expansions (and you have to wait for them for the powerful editor), so they get more money o_O...

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
-I'm not sure, it depends on what Starcraft 2 offers.

I will clearly buy Starcraft 2, but then if I am going to do maps or not, I don't know, really depends how the editor is, of course.

chanta45

Reaction score
I'm sure the people at Blizzard arn't TOTAL idiots.

I'd like to say that im about 90% sure that the editor will be better then the WC3 editor, just in different ways.

While the WC3 editor had heroes and items as a major part for editing, I think SC2 will offer a much greater versatility and depth in terms of unit editing, ability creation, GUI as well as custom scripting... They're going to have map-linked maps (Y'know, where its like you beat this level and it loads the next) (Two maps)) and i'm sure thats just the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully they'll revise unit/texture importing.

I do have my doubts too of course, if they rush it out the door it'll miss alot of features. Or if they orient it towards the korean pro-gamer community, then it'll also miss alot of features. If they're REALLY cheesy they'll put the map maker into an expansion just to rake in some extra cash. That sums up my 10%

Reaction score
I am really excited about this C based scripting language SC2 is supposed to have. I'd love to see structs, enums, typedefs and typecasting in SC2. Maybe we'll have a greater level of control over memory management, too?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.