So who's going into Starcraft2 mapping right away?

Will you be moving to Starcraft2 Mapping?

• Total voters

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
but do you know what phoenix fire ability is?

its strikes a magic projectile every 0.01 - 10.00 sec... to all nearby enemies...

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
No, he probably doesn't knows what that is, he's an alien from Mars, member of a WE-majoritary forum and he doesn't knows what pheonix fire is :rolleyes:... (Darthfett, hope you don't get offended, pun was intended to CEMEHbl4). CEMEHbl4, just so you know, Darthfett is a pretty skilled mapper and I think he knows what pheonix fire is...

Ah and btw, Pheonix Fire can be easily made with basic GUI spell-making knowledge ;).

Seriously, you should at least take a peek at the statistics of the person you're talking to, like reputation, number of posts, etc. (maybe they don't say how mature or whatever a person is, but if he made 2k posts there is a big chance that he spent some time on this forum (which, again, is a WE majoritary forum) and he probably knows what pheonix fire is...). Plus, if he wouldn't know what that is, he would probably not post at all...

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
but do you know what phoenix fire ability is?

its strikes a magic projectile every 0.01 - 10.00 sec... to all nearby enemies...
To one random nearby enemy, not every.

As Smith_S9 said, yes I do know what it is.

It's possible in JASS (without having to create a dummy caster to launch storm bolt which stuns for 0.01 secs), but I don't feel like making a function that launches a projectile right now. :p

If it will not be possible to make a phoenix fire like ability in the new SC2 editor, then I will not map in it. That would only be the beginning, since it would limit many other possibilities as well.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
lol Smith_S9
i know guys who have 3000 k posts and even with +++ reputation! and noobs!
so its mean nothing... my friend :) they just flooders

also if 60 guns strikes at same time... it will totally lag... but phoenix never lag...

oh maybe you mean 1 item = create 1 invis dummy unit...
i think its an idea!!!

anyway phoenix fire is fucking awesome...
hope for blizzard

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
No, I think I can make you in GUI a perfectly customizable and non-laggy Pheonix Fire. And if I don't succed in GUI, I think I would, in Jass, at least.

And I didn't meant guys you know... I meant guys on these forums. As I said, it's a forum where WE is the main base... I honestly think you'll find very little people with stats like Darthfett's that wouldn't know what pheonix fire is ;). And still, my point remains:

Plus, if he wouldn't know what that is, he would probably not post at all...

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Depends. I am more interested in the the flexibility of the star craft 2 editor for being used for games it wasn't necessarily made to do. Like A Car Raceing game or Tetris or ice climbers ect. If the input is still really slow then i will be still very sad, and may edit in it some, so sorta depends on the features, i hope they try to make it as flexible as possible.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I'll try mapping really late in the game. I always get/do everything at the last minute. :)

Caedin88

Reaction score
Blizzard has said they will add heroes which i am sure will be completely flexible, and from what i've heard the editor will come with a model maker and editor built in, so you dont need to use 3rd party progs for model making.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Element TD shall not die with WC3, with the assumption that the SC2 editor will be superior.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Caedin88
> what i've heard the editor will come with a model maker and editor built in

Where did you hear that? (Show proof)

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Nay, no built in model program.

Concerning 3D graphics, what's tools do you need? In StarCraft it was just using paint and opening it and just adding new units. What 3D do you consider for modders? Will you be giving your own editor for the graphics?

Dustin: I think we may ship the art tools but you still have to have a 3D program, there's no way around that. And you can check with Samwise and Chris in terms of what format we support and that sort of thing, I don't really know the details on that but we'll see.

http://www.starcraftwire.net/articles/704/dustin-browder-interview/page2

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.