So who's hella excited for Battlefield 3?

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Even though the release is roughly a year away, I'm still really pumped for this game.
BF2, BF2142, and BFBC2 were pretty much my life for a little bit. I spent an entire summer doing nothing but playing 2142 lol :p

For anyone who's following the development as closely as I am, here is a great source for news:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3

So, for all the BF fans out there, what do you guys want to see in BF3?

Should commander mode make a return? Should there be a do not revive option? How big should squads be, and should people be able to spawn on anyone? Can we have a big ass bomber to fly? Expectations for Frostbite 2.0?

Discuss.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I for one would love it if they made it so that we could choose different types of battlefields.
Some examples would be:
Modern
WW2
American Civil War
Medieval

Heck it would just be awesome if they did that^^ But then again I would be asking for to much:p

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>Even though the release is roughly a year away, I'm still really pumped for this game.

It said Fall 2011 :p

I'm looking forward to it even though I don't game anymore, BF2 was always fun for me. It was just too glitchy and never smooth. That's all I ask for this game, to be polished.

edit:

other problems were that people always wanted to fly the airplanes or helicopters and would just sit around in base if they weren't spawned up. not to mention teamkilling if someone other than them got the vehicle.

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Here's what I think it needs:

1. All this
2. Driving ships and really big planes
3. Maps with important places and landmarks, i.e. Pentagon/White House, Saddam's Palace, Forbidden City
4. USA vs PRC vs MEC vs Russia, probably in a war for energy and resources
5. Destructibles - no more adamantium haystacks that hurt your tank when driving into them and protect infantry from tank shells; craters and traces of explosions and bullets would be nice, too

Aside from that, it looks promising. I hope the devs don't let the game stray from the franchise.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I'm semi-excited. Or I was until I heard the maps they're gonna put in. Gulf of Oman and Karkand, now I'm REALLY excited!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Even though the release is roughly a year away

that is, unless you get into the beta, which starts sometime in march or april *cough* me *cough*
:3

i can't wait for this game. its my num. 1 awaited game. i've gotten tired of BC2 after over 1500 hours played and every platinum star acquired. d2.0 should be awesomer than bc2 i hope

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ekDutunw1mk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekDutunw1mk[/video]

Enjoy ;)

>>Guess what game's sounds are gonna blow my ears off?!

"But games is games!"

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Pre-ordered a week ago. Very pumped, there is leaked footage of an epic earth quake scene but its been taken down everywhere.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Fire mode changes you say?
[YOUTUBE]jPmb0F00YPE[/YOUTUBE]

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I was playing this http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/home
What is?
It has those same maps, lol, Oman and Karkand.

Anyway, I used to be interested in Battlefield. Got the pre-order, never got the game. So I lost interest. But I played around with 1 and 2 at friends' every now and then and it was pretty fun. Looks cool.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
sadly, those are the graphics on PC, they are going to have to cut down a bit for the console version because of the system holding it back

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Battlefield 3 has just set the highest possible standard of modern gaming.

Graphic standard, tyvm, but yea, the gameplay looks promising :D

I love how tanks blow up buildings. It was irritating how your tank basically stopped when hitting the edge of a haystack

Edit:
Ops, I'm repeating myself

btw,
I was playing this http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/home
What is?
It has those same maps, lol, Oman and Karkand.

Anyway, I used to be interested in Battlefield. Got the pre-order, never got the game. So I lost interest. But I played around with 1 and 2 at friends' every now and then and it was pretty fun. Looks cool.
how does the pay4free system handle?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.