So, you're going to be shocked.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ah, alright. I suspected it was either that, or there are simply different kinds of swords that look similiar :D

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Once you hit rank 3 in pvp you can buy a trinket which dispells fear, atleast I think it does for warriors. But I know once you hit a higher level a warrior actually gets different skills which makes them immune to fear for a period of time or dispells fear once you use a skill.

Jumping around a person is the way to go, especially on casters, you keep jumping and running around them which can make them get the "target not in line of site" error so they can't cast at you. Once you play the game for awhile you'll get the nick of it and find ways to do it to people and to avoid other people from doing it to you.

You will also get a skill called pummel which cancels the casting spell if a person is casting at you, which can also prevent them from fearing or casting anything at you.

Heres a screenshot of an organized WSG I did with my twink guild :)
owned.jpg

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Its just so lame. This turns the game into a 3d shooter with skills, instead of a RPG

The SRO system is 10x better; even if the skills are not. The way you click and attack is far easier, for both players.

Big turn-off to WoW.

I noticed if you check 'click to move' your character WILL walk to a target and WILL face him when you double-click a player.

But still, thats hella constantly double clicking anyway

Lame

Maybe I re-roll hunter so im ranged. Then spin and jump is irrelevant in most cases.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Its just so lame. This turns the game into a 3d shooter with skills, instead of a RPG

The SRO system is 10x better; even if the skills are not. The way you click and attack is far easier, for both players.

Big turn-off to WoW.

I noticed if you check 'click to move' your character WILL walk to a target and WILL face him when you double-click a player.

But still, thats hella constantly double clicking anyway

Lame

Maybe I re-roll hunter so im ranged. Then spin and jump is irrelevant in most cases.

Oooh, trust me, it will be 100 times worse if you're a hunter. Hunter's have a deadzone; If someone gets close to you, you can't use your ranged abilities, and forced to use melee. (Which, for a hunter, you'll lose 90% of the time melee'ing)

All in all, the Battlegrounds system is inherently flawed. It doesn't support group PVP as much as it should (That's the focus of PVP, Blizzard's said 1-on-1 is a rock paper scissors system) and everyone's a twink in the lower brackets. Don't be surprised if you see twinks with 500g worth of gear on their level 19's.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
You talk about clicking so much. I dont get it :p.

You dont have to click on someone to attack them. Once you right click on them it will auto send you into Melee attack mode then you just gotta run up and hack the shit of them spamming Heroic Strike or whatever abilities you can use when you have Rage avalible for you.

You of course have your action bar with 1 to = button (by default. I dont use that style, to much reaching over the keyboard).

Remeber your playing a Warrior. PvP is sort of one-lined for them, gear dependent, you dont have as many tricks that other classes have. Especially Casters. Just remember it gets better as you go on your still a lowbie, the game hardly starts until your 60 (well, raiding wise that is).

Here's some top-notch 60 Warrior PvP movies you can take a look at to check at what you will be working out to be:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=30077
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=7615

Just goto that site and search Laintime. He is a great Warrior (Korean). I recommend doing that. Some good entertainment too.

There's a shit load of movies on that site so just check it out.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Btw Alliance is more PvE oriented. If you're looking for serious PvP, horde is the way to go. Go an undead warrior/rogue/warlock/mage and then you can own the BGs. Undeads have a racial ability called Will of the Forsaken and it dispells charms, sleep and fear.

But if you really want to stick with alliance and PvP, a human warrior can still own but anything below or equal to 29 BGs is not going to be a fair fight. Like mentioned above, there are twinks, you're better off leveling and doing World Pv P till then :)

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmmm 21 now.

I ran with dual weild for a bit, but it really seems like the damage of the off hand is seriously reduced

That and, it seems like I miss 75% of the time... I'm actually doing much less damage than I was before with sword / shield, hard to even hold the agro with sunders

And its hard to sunder / rend / hamstring when you miss all the time :(

Strange.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Dual weilding cuts the damage of the offhand by about 50%, and you miss 50% of the time with both weapons.

Fun. Balanced, but...Still.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Everyday, I get more and more tempted to take one of the demo discs from work and try this out :rolleyes: Will the Seth ever fall prey to the beast that is WoW?!

We... May never know :p

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
If you want to keep your job, I advise against it. If you want to get anywhere in the game, you have to invest all of your free time into it, or you're not going anywhere.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Ignore what Conan said. Just buy it >D. I have a couple of spare Trial keys if your original one runs out and your still not sure if you want to play it or not.

DM Cross

Reaction score
To be honest, even if I bought the actual game, I wouldn't obsess over it... It'd just be something to have fun.

Honestly, one of the main reasons I wanna get it is I wanna see the world of Warcraft :D I've seen movies of it and stuff, and the scenery looks amazing. Just running around would be fun :)

Husky, believe it or not, the Dark Prince from Hell (aka, me :D) doesn't believe in stuff like using other trial keys and such :D I'm weird like that. I don't even like borrowing other people's CDs to put songs on my iPod :eek:

Conan, there's no way I'd lose my job over WoW :) Besides, I hardly work as it is :p

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
To be honest, even if I bought the actual game, I wouldn't obsess over it... It'd just be something to have fun.

Honestly, one of the main reasons I wanna get it is I wanna see the world of Warcraft :D I've seen movies of it and stuff, and the scenery looks amazing. Just running around would be fun :)

Husky, believe it or not, the Dark Prince from Hell (aka, me :D) doesn't believe in stuff like using other trial keys and such :D I'm weird like that. I don't even like borrowing other people's CDs to put songs on my iPod :eek:

Conan, there's no way I'd lose my job over WoW :) Besides, I hardly work as it is :p

Until you get past 25ish, you don't see much in changes and stuff.

You will NEVER be a musician. I was lent about 10 different orchestral CDs from my teacher to make copies of them for practicing. There is no such thing as copyright laws in music.

Have fun in WoW like everyone else!

Also: Remember that Alcohol is less addicting than WoW

DM Cross

Reaction score
You will NEVER be a musician. I was lent about 10 different orchestral CDs from my teacher to make copies of them for practicing. There is no such thing as copyright laws in music.

Where the hell did that come from? :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Dual weilding cuts the damage of the offhand by about 50%, and you miss 50% of the time with both weapons.

Fun. Balanced, but...Still.

Whomever invented using the term "miss" for the random chance for a melee attack to not be felt should be shot. All ranged attacks can miss, all melee attacks can be blocked. Melee attacks miss? BS :p

But that is off topic. You have trail keys Husky? I might consider asking for one. I've installed WoW ages ago and didn't really like it, but I might try later on a trial, just to convince myself. I've only some six months left before I have to work like heck without play :D

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Where the hell did that come from? :D

hahaha, you have a point... I'm just wierd.. a musician wierd.. hahaha! Can't help it. My life basically will be music, school, and WoW for just about here till sumer. So I always think about music.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
When to use battle stance and defensive stance?

I havn't used defensive stance once.

In instances, battle stance holds down the agro, and I get healed constantly ^^ Its been working so far; I get healed while I repeatedly sunder, mocking blow, heroic strike and rend

Even being low man in the group, the bosses love me... If others in the group are in trouble, I can sunder/mock those mobs too, and take on 2 more or so, with the boss. If the shit is real bad, used intimidating shout to make all the mobs around us run accept the boss I'm holding down. This saves the ass of those I cannot protect

Problem with defensive stance is I have NO talents in the defensive tree, so the skills arn't doing me much good =(

Now im becomming a rage machine; my alchemy is good enough to make rage potions... plus the blood rage skill.

That and invested points into fury which give me 3x% chance to generate rage on attacks, and skills in arms that retain rage during combat

Some kinda bonuses / mods when you switch to defensive stance?

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
When to use battle stance and defensive stance?

I havn't used defensive stance once.

In instances, battle stance holds down the agro, and I get healed constantly ^^ Its been working so far; I get healed while I repeatedly sunder, mocking blow, heroic strike and rend

Even being low man in the group, the bosses love me... If others in the group are in trouble, I can sunder/mock those mobs too, and take on 2 more or so, with the boss. If the shit is real bad, used intimidating shout to make all the mobs around us run accept the boss I'm holding down. This saves the ass of those I cannot protect

Problem with defensive stance is I have NO talents in the defensive tree, so the skills arn't doing me much good =(

Now im becomming a rage machine; my alchemy is good enough to make rage potions... plus the blood rage skill.

That and invested points into fury which give me 3x% chance to generate rage on attacks, and skills in arms that retain rage during combat

Well look who got hooked on WoW...you ought to change your name to XD_Ryoko...xD

Blood rage skills will own, keep the Hato, up. :D

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
If others in the group are in trouble, I can sunder/mock those mobs too, and take on 2 more or so, with the boss.

You can use Sunder Armor outside of defensive stance? :confused:

In defensive stance you take 10% less damage but deal 10% less, it also allows you to use some abilities that are exclusive to defensive stance (I thought sunder was one of those abilities)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.