So, you're going to be shocked.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Ryoko.. Long time no talk :) Welcome to WoW. You picked a good time to start... with this hella cool expansion coming out...

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
When to use battle stance and defensive stance?

I havn't used defensive stance once.

In instances, battle stance holds down the agro, and I get healed constantly ^^ Its been working so far; I get healed while I repeatedly sunder, mocking blow, heroic strike and rend

Even being low man in the group, the bosses love me... If others in the group are in trouble, I can sunder/mock those mobs too, and take on 2 more or so, with the boss. If the shit is real bad, used intimidating shout to make all the mobs around us run accept the boss I'm holding down. This saves the ass of those I cannot protect

Problem with defensive stance is I have NO talents in the defensive tree, so the skills arn't doing me much good =(

Now im becomming a rage machine; my alchemy is good enough to make rage potions... plus the blood rage skill.

That and invested points into fury which give me 3x% chance to generate rage on attacks, and skills in arms that retain rage during combat

Some kinda bonuses / mods when you switch to defensive stance?

first.... OMG RYOKO POSTED ON THE FORUMS!!

secondly you can remove your talent points later in the game, or whenever you manage to get 1 gold. however it cost more every time.

talk to your trainer too do this.

wait a tic! I'm on kul tiras! I'm a level 36 hunter Orc. though... i also have a level 13 gnome mage for alliance.. lol.

long live the horde!!

by the way seth, this game ain't that addicting, iv owned it for a year and i have a level 36 main.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
YES!!!!!

SD_RYOKO has fallen to the good side!!!!!

Welcome to WoW, leave the -500 rep out :)

be "one of us". (evil laugh)

Lizidian

Reaction score
Or I was kidding? Sheesh, what's got you so touchy?

I look in here every now and again to see if anyone posts little stories about what happens in WoW. I know Conan used to post a lot of them about what happens with his guild, or him and a buncha people hunting or whatever.

I love war stories, so I had hoped there'd be more stories about the battlefields :D But whatever.

I was also kind of acknowledging the fact that you're back, but since you're apparently not in a good mood, I won't bother.

Later.

OH! You love war stories eh? I have a bunch to share with you if you want from my adventures into the Addicting World of Warcraft...

Anyway... what are the levels, classes and races of all your characters people?

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Ah, great :rolleyes: Time for everyone to brag. :D

Well, myself has a level 60 undead mage on the maelstrom and a level 28 undead warrior on the maelstrom.

Btw, no one, and I really mean it, no one, can resist the addiction from WoW.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I resent that. I still have never even seen WoW played in person. Videos and stuff, yeah, screenshots, yeah, but not looking at a computer in person.

Anyway, Lizi... Go ahead :D I love battle stories :) Conan used to post lots of stuff in the now-long-gone SM forum about stuff that happened in WoW, on battlefields or even just with his guild-mates.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
well, This one time in WoW...

I was pvping Arathi-Basin. Me and two other guys tried to storm the blacksmith in the center. There were like 5 or so alliance. I knew we were dead, so I rant to the control flag, popped down a frost trap (slows for 36 seconds, I got improved :D) and basically ran away. I lived after that, too!

Another time in WSG I was in the enemy base and I was getting attacked my this druid. I had about 200 health left, so I FD in the feelbe hopes that the guy would be an idiot and ignore my body. Funniy enough, he did, and went after anouth guy just outside the exit. I then popped back up and pwned him.

S

stiky

Well....i got all 5 of my accounts banned for hacking.....this one time i used this honor generator hack and got grand marshal in 1 day....my server black listed me...aswell i ninja'd loot in BWL off nef..i wanted my bloody sword! :mad:

my wow escapade!

did i mention i fell in love with a girl who was really a guy pretending to be a girl and we had cyber sex and stuff? kk im joking...but we had this guy in my guild who put on being a girl for 8 months...it was so funny, we harrashed him so much...til he finally admitted he was a guy.....it was a very gay moment as he also said prince was his idol.........

I hope my story has shined upon your life.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
hello again and welcome to WoW

about your questions regarding being a warrior:

if you want to pvp you should weild 2h weapons, or dual weild if your insanely well geared

why? because warrior pvp is all about killing people in less then 2 seconds, any longer and they have the chance to turn you into a sheep, fear you, stun you or whatever, and 99% of those cases you will loose the battle, it sould also be noted that most classes is the game are magic based so shields do nothing against them at all, 2 handers can almost instantly kill most weaker characters, but if you wear a 1h and a shield or in most cases in dual weild, it takes longer to kill anything

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
He has a point. Dont ever use 1H + Sheid in a PvP situation. People will just lol at you unfortunately.

I've seen Dual Wielder's TEAR up BG's. Some Warriors are just insanely good, as was said, killing people in a few seconds. Topping the Killing Blow charts by miles. If you goto www.warcraftmovies.com and search Incredible Warrior Tricks. That's a good Warrior movie.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Well....i got all 5 of my accounts banned for hacking.....this one time i used this honor generator hack and got grand marshal in 1 day....my server black listed me...aswell i ninja'd loot in BWL off nef..i wanted my bloody sword! :mad:

Ok... That's just you being an idiot... I mean, what did you expect they would do? Just say, ok, heres a free 1,000,000 gold in the meantime?

hello again and welcome to WoW

about your questions regarding being a warrior:

if you want to pvp you should weild 2h weapons, or dual weild if your insanely well geared

why? because warrior pvp is all about killing people in less then 2 seconds, any longer and they have the chance to turn you into a sheep, fear you, stun you or whatever, and 99% of those cases you will loose the battle, it sould also be noted that most classes is the game are magic based so shields do nothing against them at all, 2 handers can almost instantly kill most weaker characters, but if you wear a 1h and a shield or in most cases in dual weild, it takes longer to kill anything
First of all, it wield, not weild.
Second, Warriors are the hardest class to kill for Hunters. Intercept is killer, so if you don't have a freeze trap down, they'll rush you and hamstrain you, and then you can't move at all. AND your in there melee range and you can't get out of it. Well, the new patch allows Hunters to place traps while IN combat, so maybe it'll be easier. The worst thing about warriors is that THEY DON'T DIE!!!

M

matanui

another wow player...

You play WoW? Sweet. :D

What level are you now? I got a 30 mage on Suramar...

N

Nilazael

Although this thread is a little old, I just thought I'd give posting on it a shot :p

I currently have a level 60 Undead Mage and Level 60 Gnome Mage (don't ask me why I rolled two mages) and am currently working a level 34 Night Elf priest. I can tell you that PvP is not fair, and it will never be. You work your butt off to get into 10-19 or 20-29 PvP and you get your ass handed to you by twinks. So, you get out of the 20-29 range and enter the 30's. Think it will be good? Nope, because 30 opens a new range of things (I won't go into too much detail) but more enchants are available etc. So, you work and work on the level grind to get to 40-49 PvP and you get in, and next thing you know your the last one left sprinting into the battle because you can't afford your mount and all the other rich suckers have got three just sitting in their inventory. So, finally, you pound through to 50-59. I guess this is where it gets kinda fair. Not too much happens in this level bracket, but you can still get owned by higher levels. Also, you can enter AV (Alterac Valley) at 51 but that's your choice; its alot harder then other BG's, and if your running a slow connection or crappy, outdated PC I advise against fighting in it, as it consist of 40 players instead of the usual 10 or so. So, you have fairly even PvP in the 50's, but you don;t want to stay there! Why? Because 60 is so near, and it is inevitable that at this close stage you want to get to 60 fast. So you stop PvP and hit the grind and finally get to 60. You enter the PvP wearing your level 55-60 gear, and first thing that happens in some numskull rushes you wearing Teir 3 gear. So, your off to get attuned/keyed for all sorts of grueling instances to get the gear, and it all really isn't worth it.

I can't really abuse Teir 3 wearers for owning noob-gear wearers, as my Gnome Mage is wearing Teir 3 and my Undead Teir 1 (which isn't all that good) but yeah, PvP isn't what it's made out to be. I normally use PvP as something to do when I'm waiting for an instance run or something, I don't just sit there and rake in the honor all day. Although with the new system, I could advise it, because you can get some gear that will really help (but now everyone has got epics so these epics arn't so great any more. Gone are the days when people stared at you in awe for owning a High Warlords weapon, or wearing Warlords gear. Now people are just 'Meh'" :banghead:

As well as this, I advise joining a guild. Without a guild, 60 can prove a pain. Instances are alot harder if you are working with a Pug, because most unorganized pugs don't use vent, or you'll team up with some noob who got his level 60 given to him by his relative or something. Not saying pugging is bad, but with a Guild you can say "Right, I need this from this run" and team with people who either don't need what you need, or already have it, so you're garunteed to get what you require. With a Pug, you'll be forced to roll for it among possibly five people or more, and risk having to run the instance again and again and again and again and that can be a real pain. Just make sure to join the right Guild; make sure the majority of them are 40 and above, so they can help with end game.

Well, to conclude my opinionated rant ;) I'd just like to say good luck to you with WoW, and I hope my endless advice/complaining has helped in some way.

P.S. Don't rush through the game. Take it slow; I regret rushing my two characters, and that's why I'm rolling my Nelf priest. He's level 30 and I've been playing him for almost a month now.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The point to remember is that it is a game. I often see people literally RAGING when they are losing a BG, or wiping in an instance. If you are a guild leader, use leadership, stay clam. If you are not, then ignore a raging guildmate (or teammate). When I'm losing, I tell myself: bah, I'm gonna grind some honor until the end, and it'll be fun STEAMROLLING some Hordes out there with mah l33t DoTs.

PvE is rather complicated though. There are strats to remember when fighting bosses, and they need practice. A guild leader is overwhelmed with work (Yea, it looks like work sometimes) and people expect alot from him, especially if this is a good guild. As a simple guild member, what you should do is participate, have fun and get geared :D

And, finally, Friends on WoW aren't friends. ;)

H

hey its X

when I get WoW in bout' 3 days, (christmas) I'm probably gonna fraps every second of it :) jk. I plan to ressurect my trial account, roll on Aerie Peak if you wanna talk. and please tell me. why does WoW rock and Blizzard suck? ive never gotten a straight answer for this age old question. oh yeah. Hit me up for macroes whenever you need tem.

N

Nilazael

I don't quite understand your question. Blizzard can't be too bad if they are able to produce such a game as WoW.

If you are referring to their Support/Customer Service, you have to remember that there are millions of people a day emailing them with their puny little problems, but they can't just ignore them otherwise the company will get a bad name.

I play all three of the other Blizzard games and their expansions, plus WoW, and so far I've never had troubles with the games or Blizzard in general.

Well, that's my thoughts anyway. ;)

C

Chamenas

so my level 23 warlock was wondering about stone talon peak when I stumbled upon the sun toten retreat or whatever it was. Wasn't even PvP, just had two guards chase me and kill me, second time that's happened...those guards are awfully aggressive, I wasn't even there to PvP :(

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I so missed this. Wooh, i have a horde on Kul Tiras. Ganking time :rolleyes:

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
so my level 23 warlock was wondering about stone talon peak when I stumbled upon the sun toten retreat or whatever it was. Wasn't even PvP, just had two guards chase me and kill me, second time that's happened...those guards are awfully aggressive, I wasn't even there to PvP :(

I haven't played in a long time so I am having trouble remembering who is where. BUT either it's the Horde hideaway and you are Alliance, hence you were attacked. OR it's the town with the baddie taurens in which the quest is to go kill a bunch of them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.