Software Engineer?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Hi there!

Is there any software engineer around here? I just need some advice on what field to master to be a successful software engineer. I am a second year college student taking up Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, I just found out in a magazine that there are lots of jobs on demand, and one of them is a software engineer (which also have the highest income in the list), so I searched for software engineer and to be one, one must be a computer science graduate which best fits for me.

This is the only convincing job I discovered for my course, and I want to be one, I just need some advice from those who are already a software engineer. Just a question, what is the best job a computer science student graduate may have? Or what other computer science related jobs have a good salary?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Software Engineer means Programmer. If you want to be a Programmer take programming courses.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Software engineer incomes can range from almost nothing to multimillion dollar jobs. It depends on what field you want. There's game design, government jobs, working on OS's... it's like a doctor (kinda), you don't just become a doctor usually, you specialize in something.

What's with all the topics about I wanna be this what do I do?

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I think there's a Software Engineering field..

Software Engineer means Programmer. If you want to be a Programmer take programming courses.

Based on my experience, you can't choose courses in the Philippines.. They are preplaced in your list..

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The best job you can have is running your own company, whatever field you are in.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'm currently looking into becoming a (Computer) Software (Applications) Engineer, as well. From what I hear, the pay is good.

My college doesn't actually have a Computer Software Engineering major, but Computer Science is supposed to be the next best thing for it (and it's what I'm going into). From what I hear, the job is designing, and building software for clients.

Computer -Systems- Engineering is a closely related field (designing databases and things like that, for clients), and the salary is supposed to be better. I prefer design, however.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.