Defense Soldier Survival

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Story Thus Far...
Four years ago the war began. The Akari invaded the Human Empire's coasts with brutal efficiency, knocking out communications and surrounding its heart. The outer cities, instead of being invaded, were attacked by something different; the Akari released an agent into the air, diseasing the inhabitants. And so, the invaders could move quickly towards the captial, Cyria.

One certain town, Theln, had been decided as the turning point for the war. If the Akari released their agent there, all would be lost. The Empire raced soldiers over there; a score of them. There was the farthest communication structure from the center; with a little work it could reach out to the allies of the Empire. A score of marines were sent. Equipped with suits made to stand the agent, they were readily equipped. But it was not the agent itself that met them there; but what it had created. Mutilated beings, once humans, stalked the streets, wandering the streets, endlessly babbling to themselves. When the soldiers arrived, they were attacked; in the firefight that ensued only six survived. The communications structure they were ordered to defend was shatterred.

Now stranded in the city, six soldiers must survive against an onslaught of evil.

SOLDIERSURVIVAL.jpg

Soldier Survival is a fast-paced Survival game based on quick thinking and teamwork. Fight together or die alone.

Fight Smart. find tactical areas, watch your supplies and health, and you might just stay alive.

Simple yet exciting gameplay drives the game as the 6 players race for survival.
The object of the game is to survive for 30 minutes until rescue. If a soldier dies, that player will be defeated. So be careful!

Ideas
If you have any ideas, that would always be great. New abilities, enemies or general features are always welcomed by me. The more you help, the better the game will be :thup:

Features
Fight as one of six marines, capable of building structures and using powerful weaponry to keep the enemies at bay.
An array of special effects, from custom music to enhanced gore to flickering lights.
Face a variation of foul creatures that will test your mettle and your mind.

Screenshots (taken from singleplayer):

The former residents of the town have begun to swarm around the soldier.
War32008-07-0117-15-08-78.jpg

Nothing a flamethrower can't fix.
War32008-07-0117-14-31-68.jpg

*note* the more players there are, the more zombies you'll be fighting :D

Current Version: 1.2a
http://files.filefront.com/Soldier+Survival+12aw3x/;11081234;/fileinfo.html

Credits:
Mortal Symphony (newgrounds.com) music
Neogaiden (hiveworkshop.com) glow model (for flickering lights)

Changelog
-Fixed Spawning Bug
-Added New Ability
-Added Quest Guide
-Corrected Update Problem
SPOILER]

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
feedback..

i suggest you check fixed start location at players tab. so that at the start of a game the camera wont be random

10 minutes had passed i was happy that i cleared a location from zombie

only when i wrote iseedeadpeople the rest of the map is swarming with zombies.

zombies are very stupid for some reason.. if they see you, they just look at you.

20 minutes had passed and my pc died out on me.. due to too many zombies and abominations and ghouls.

---------
improve it and it can be a better map.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah... it was really messed up. :/

There were like a thousand zombies! ... and 3/4 of them were in a corner. Basically, you only need 1 cache to win - build a communications center, use it for more cache supply, build another 1 of them, use those 2 to later on use Supplies, and build 4 of them, etc. And you only needed 9 towers and it's like GG! I just stayed in the corner the whole game. So, suggetrions:

-like 1/10 the zombies needed only
-balance the cache/money system
-make the game more realistic; a flamestrike as a grenade? Air strike... the "meteor missile" falls like 1000 distance from the unit, lol.

Cool music, but it only plays once. It's a fun game for times when you're bored or something, but could be improved. :thup:

EDIT: Btw, nice picture. :D

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
make zombie smarter even though they are zombie they are not stupid to look at the flesh of living and just stare~ THEY WILL EAT j00

reduce the creeps.. ORDER ALL UNITS to attack the player= victory for the zombies~!

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Update, you'll find it in the Changelog. I've done some balancing, reduced number of zombies (perhaps too much, I'll see). Added some new enemies, though they will either be dead or you will be, so they won't be lagging anything up.

Also strengthened zombies and weakened marines. Added a new ability, removed an old one. You'll see ;). Also I believe the music will be looped now. Lag shouldn't be so bad.

As to the player start view issue, it will be resolved very soon.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well, demo, it's not that they are "dumb". It's because there are so many zombies and it lags so badly that their commands take really long to process.

I'll try it out today.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I gave up on this game after being stumped by the spawn problems. However, they have been fixed, and I've begun my attempts again.

My friend and I hosted this game several times. We and others found ourselves agreeing it was fun but the build-up at spawns and their lack of wanting to eat our flesh was bothersome.

So the game's bugs have been (as far as I know) exterminated.

Version 1.2a has been released, it can be found in the first post.

I'd love to hear your reccomendations/advice on balance, new abilities, and new creeps. So let me have it ;)

setari

Reaction score
this looks cool. Ima play it and 'port back ^^

Edit: the map doesnt load up when i try to play. =(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.