[Solved] Floating Text showing harvested amount

ryanradnell

Reaction score
Hey there,

Getting straight to the point, i have found a trigger that has been used on another map to show the amount being harvested by the probe ( Like in your Sc2 arcade games "MineralZ") However, when i use this trigger on my map it wont show how much is being harvested, it shows +0 and wont change, although the text and colour work just fine.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Trigger.png

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
The reason it shows 0, is that when the unit drops off the cargo, it no longer carries anything (it carries 0).

What you could do, would be to use an actor, just like it's done with those mineral cashes from the campain.
Then you would need to have some dummy effects, to determine which type of resource is being carried.

ryanradnell

Reaction score
The reason it shows 0, is that when the unit drops off the cargo, it no longer carries anything (it carries 0).

What you could do, would be to use an actor, just like it's done with those mineral cashes from the campain.
Then you would need to have some dummy effects, to determine which type of resource is being carried.

Thanks, i had a look around another map and found an actor that looks like its related to it, it looks like a big pain in the ass but ill keep playing with it, thanks for shoving me in the right direction

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
It really is pretty simple, just take a look at the effect, and basically copy the actor it uses, then you just change the text displayed :)

ryanradnell

Reaction score
It really is pretty simple, just take a look at the effect, and basically copy the actor it uses, then you just change the text displayed :)

I've looked up a mineral pallet as a reference, and it's just confused me. I can see that when the pick up minerals effect happens, it creates the actor containing text for 3 seconds, but in my case i don't know how to start. It's confusing me because i don't understand how triggers play a part in it, would it be too much to ask for a little walkthrough?

*Edit, if it helps at all, the map i'm using as a reference is named "MineralZ Easy" you can open it if you search for the mod/map name on Americas servers

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.