Some custom Value Questions

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What exactly is a units custom value and how is it defined (What goes into making the custom value what it is, HP/Mana, move speed, time of creation, unit number, anything?)?
Does it change without using Triggers?
Is the custom value different for every unit, even when playing the same map twice? (Like if I played an RPG, would my selection unit that I have at the start have a different value each time I play or would it always be the same?)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
A custom value of a unit is basically just a integer value stored in each individual unit. This is necessary for making most spells MUI. By default, custom value is always 0 for all units. There's no way to change it except by using triggers.

Trigger:
  • Unit - Set custom value of (Triggering unit) to Integer

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
yeah, maybe im smart enough to understand that, but what use is changing it? How do i use it for other things?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Changing it will make it different to any other units custom value (unless you change their's to the same value) allowing you to, in spells, refer to their custom value for arrays and have a different value for each unit. Say you had it set to 3, the array would return as 'YourVariable[3]'. One way of making all these different is to have another integer variable and, every time the spell is cast, add one to the variables value then set the units custom value to that variable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.