Some effect question.

nLike

Reaction score
Ok in the map I'm making I was thinking about introducing a sort of an eye candy before region boss (it's an rpg adventure game). I wanted to do something like letterboxing when you enter certain region (removed if you leave it back) until the actual boss cinematic starts.

ACtually the leterboxing would be great but you can't move units once you've turned it on.

So I was thinking fade filter. Using diagonal slash and such but it seems really buggy. It gets turned on/off at some random times not only when it's triggered on leaving/entering regions.

So do you have any ideas how I would make this plausable?

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Uhm Pause Unit and change the Field of View? or create a Custom Camera first adjust it to your needs and than via Triggers set the View to that Camera when its needed. If you know what i mean:)

nLike

Reaction score
I don't think we understand each other. I want the users to be able to control units during the effect.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
so a sort of fading effect like everything is in the shadow so you can play a "boss animation" without actually going into the cinematic mode? Fade filters can do this, they apply a sort of effect to the screen, I havent used them but i did some research a while back. If you look into them i believe you will find your answer.

EDIT: Wait whats letter boxing again?

nLike

Reaction score
Yes. I tried. I've set the fade filter (as formentioned) in certain region. Enter region = do fade filter (diagonal slash black) and on leave region = remove fade filter.

The thing is that it somehow bugs. You get the filter on enter but then it won't get removed, then it gets removed randomly and then activates. Also activates sometimes when you are not even near the region or activated the trigger :|. really weird stuff.

I'm gonna try it in a new map just to make sure.

nLike

Reaction score
Err seems like I made it work with the fade filter. But the thing is that instead of "fade in" when you enter region you use "fade out" and for leaving the region you use "fade in". Weird stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.