Some general PC questions...

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
that would be a maximum.. if they are empty, or the graphic cards are idleing or not low-end cards that don't use 75W, then it won't use that much - also the motherboard powers the CPU and itself, the power going to add-on cards isn't the total power that it consumes

So it's 75 times x amount of high end graphics cards installed + addons cards and the CPU + about 20 watts used to power the mainboard?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
So it's 75 times x amount of high end graphics cards installed + addons cards and the CPU + about 20 watts used to power the mainboard?

add another 10W for each stick of ram, ask yourself how many USB devices you will be using (keyboards/mice don't use much, but things like portable HDD's do), and then also what type of motherboard is it? a high-end one with more extras like bluetooth will also use more - then if you really want to get picky, also count the number of fans that draw power from the motherboard

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
add another 10W for each stick of ram, ask yourself how many USB devices you will be using (keyboards/mice don't use much, but things like portable HDD's do), and then also what type of motherboard is it? a high-end one with more extras like bluetooth will also use more - then if you really want to get picky, also count the number of fans that draw power from the motherboard

I won't be using USB mouses, but PS/2 ones i will but if the USB ones don't suck that much, this will be a lot less, right? Only USB plugged in is for printer - but printer draw power from it's own power connector. My mainboard isn't that high-end. It definately don't have blue-tooth - not even wireless LAN either. I have two fans connected to the mainboard, a 120mm one at the front and an 80mm at the rear.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.