Some help for my map...

Reaction score
Now I began running my project, and I guess would be wisest if I'm asking for some answer here other than any sites...
My first problem that I encounter is: As we know in WarCraft3 meele games the Marketplace had the ability to create/sell random items, some how when I put the Marketplace in my map, it just didn't happen at all, the Marketplace completely had no items that created or to be sold... Can somebody help me...?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Show your trigger. Also, you may have done something wrong.

Make sure the Marketplace have the set of abilities for it to sell items and choose hero.
To make life easy, just copy and paste a 'Goblin Merchant' and then change the model to something you like.

Please also note that items/units can only be removed if you have added them manually via trigger. Preset items/units added via Object Editor will not be affected by the trigger actions.

Reaction score
Show your trigger. Also, you may have done something wrong.

Why did it need triggers...? In WarCraft3 Standard Meele Games it didn't need any triggers... The marketplaces just simply run to create/sell random items (of course random standard items)... While the Goblin Merchants are a place that creates/sells specific items, not creates/sells random items...

Is the Marketplace neutral?

Yes, of course its neutral... Even I didn't modify it in Object Editor, I just didn't know what's wrong...

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> As we know...
> ...it didn't need any triggers
> The marketplaces just simply run to create/sell random items
They do? Beyond my knowledge.
Perhaps someone else could assist you.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Would you do us a favor and check if you actually added any items to the "Techtree - Items Sold" stat.

Reaction score
They do? Beyond my knowledge.
Perhaps someone else could assist you.

Ok, no problem, thanks for your attention...

Would you do us a favor and check if you actually added any items to the "Techtree - Items Sold" stat.

Yes, I already did check the Marketplace... And for the test I use completely standard marketplace, so I didn't do anything with "Techtree - Items Sold", I just leaving it blank... Even though I modify it, it will only sell the items that I already listed in the "Techtree - Items Sold/Create", and it only able to load 11 items... While in WarCraft3 standard meele games, it can sold so many items, and it keeps changing every period of time...

Solu9

Reaction score
And that concludes that vypur85 was right in asking for the triggers in his first post.
The melee triggers controls AI and melee triggers.
And while you cannot see those triggers, one of them controls how the marketplace works in a melee map.

Reaction score
And that concludes that vypur85 was right in asking for the triggers in his first post.
The melee triggers controls AI and melee triggers.
And while you cannot see those triggers, one of them controls how the marketplace works in a melee map.

Hmm... Ok, so this is the meele games' triggers:
Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

So, which one controls the works of marketplace...? And can it be edited...?

Solu9

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea man :)

But a periodic trigger which changes a marketplace's items sold should be fairly easy to construct :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know the market place sells random items from the creep drop tables of the map. So if there are no creeps with random item drops in your map it wont sell anything. This might be wrong though because I havent used the market place for a very long time.

Reaction score
As far as I know the market place sells random items from the creep drop tables of the map. So if there are no creeps with random item drops in your map it wont sell anything.
So, to make the marketplace to sells random items, I have to put some creeps with drop items... Will it work if I edit it in "Advance > Item Tables..."...?

Solu9

Reaction score
That's quite interesting if that is how it works.
If it works like that. How does the Marketplace decide what creep drop table it should use as randomly sold items?
I ask this because when checking a standard Blizzard melee map which contained a Marketplace, there were no added item tables in "Advance > Item Tables...".

Reaction score
That's quite interesting if that is how it works.
If it works like that. How does the Marketplace decide what creep drop table it should use as randomly sold items?
Maybe it just picked some random drop table from random creeps, so it will sells random items... If that really how it works...
I ask this because when checking a standard Blizzard melee map which contained a Marketplace, there were no added item tables in "Advance > Item Tables...".

So that means "Advance > Item Tables..." didn't work for Marketplace, thanks for checking it, I haven't tried that yet before...

Solu9

Reaction score
So that means "Advance > Item Tables..." didn't work for Marketplace, thanks for checking it, I haven't tried that yet before...

Nope. No added item table.
The map I checked was TFT - (8)Twilight Ruins

Reaction score
Nope. No added item table.
The map I checked was TFT - (8)Twilight Ruins

I guess it works with all WarCraft3 TFT standard meele maps... And the only way to test what Accname says is to remember all the items from drop table of all creeps and check it in Marketplace in the game, since Marketplace items availability it can only be seen in the game...

Edit: It works, already tested, but it only works if the creep that has drop table will drop random items, not specific items... Thank you guys, you're awesome...

Reaction score
Hello good people, here's some problem that I had ran into and can't break out...
I've got some simple spell with missile, apparently it runs weirdly because the effect of the trigger had run before the missiles reach the unit, what should I do then...?
Here's the trigger:
Trigger:
  • symmetric push cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • If (sp_maxinstance Equal to 512) then do (Set sp_maxinstance = 0) else do (Do nothing)
      • Set sp_caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set sp_caster_loc = (Position of sp_caster)
      • Set sp_target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set sp_target_loc = (Position of sp_target)
      • Set sp_instance = (sp_instance + 1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_sp_caster_loc)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_sp_target_loc)
      • If (sp_maxinstance Greater than 0) then do (Set sp_boolean = True) else do (If (sp_maxinstance Equal to 0) then do (Set sp_boolean = False) else do (Do nothing))

Solu9

Reaction score
First. Use If/then/else multiple actions. It's much easier to read and you can skip setting the "do nothing" action, which in fact does nothing.

All I can see this trigger is doing is:
-Checks if an integer has a certain value
-Storing two points
-Storing two units
-Set an integer to: integer + 1
-Remove the two points
-Set an boolean to either true or false based on the value of the first checked integer.

Do you want this trigger to run from 0 to 512 when the Animate Dead spell is cast?

Reaction score
First. Use If/then/else multiple actions. It's much easier to read and you can skip setting the "do nothing" action, which in fact does nothing.
Nah, I'm really comfortable with it if "Then" has only 1 action...

All I can see this trigger is doing is:
-Checks if an integer has a certain value
-Storing two points
-Storing two units
-Set an integer to: integer + 1
-Remove the two points
-Set an boolean to either true or false based on the value of the first checked integer.

Do you want this trigger to run from 0 to 512 when the Animate Dead spell is cast?
Ha... Ha... LOL! It's just variable set up before the real abilities takes effect, also the spell not Animate Dead, I forgot to change it... The effect what I want is in another trigger, and it works fine, but always run before the abilities missile hit the target, any idea how I should begin the trigger...? Should I get a timer to "wait" the missile hits...? Like this one:
Trigger:
  • symmetric push cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • If (sp_maxinstance Equal to 512) then do (Set sp_maxinstance = 0) else do (Do nothing)
      • Set sp_caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set sp_caster_loc = (Position of sp_caster)
      • Set sp_target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set sp_target_loc = (Position of sp_target)
      • Set sp_instance = (sp_instance + 1)
      • Countdown Timer - Start sp_timermissile[sp_instance] as a One-shot timer that will expire in ((Distance between sp_caster_loc and sp_target_loc) / 1280.00) seconds
      • Set sp_timermissile[sp_instance] = (Last started timer)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_sp_caster_loc)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_sp_target_loc)
      • If (sp_maxinstance Greater than 0) then do (Set sp_boolean = True) else do (If (sp_maxinstance Equal to 0) then do (Set sp_boolean = False) else do (Do nothing))
      • Trigger - Add to symmetric push switch <gen> the event (Time - sp_timermissile[sp_instance] expires)
      • Trigger - Turn on symmetric push switch <gen>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.